Who the Heck is this guy?!?

Hey all!

I've been gone a long time! I've been getting my life together. After a crappy summer of training, a crappy marathon this fall and struggles with work I've taken a sabbatical from blogging to do some soul searching and spend some time on the things that matter most. I hit a bad spot this year by being overwhelmed. I put on a good face but don't handle it well alone. I stopped working out, started eating poorly and put on a bunch of poundage. Stress eating sucks! Whom ever invented stress eating they should be stoned.

Anyway, the past few weeks I've hit the gym hard core style. I actually put together a Half IM plan (but haven't swam yet) in conjunction with P90X (hence the new header). My plan is not to do it all but if I have more on the schedule I feel worse if I do nothing. Lately I've been biking about 3 hours a week, running 1-1.5 hours a week, lifting 3-4 hours a week and polishing it off with 90 min of yoga a week. That totals up to 8.5 - 10 hours of working out a week and I'm not even doing all of the workouts, but it is much better than the 1-3 hours of working out I was doing. Week 1 was flat on weight loss but week 2 resulted in 4 pounds down. I'm going to keep weighing myself every Monday morning. I hope I can lose enough to get in the ballpark of my old goal 225, I'm currently at 264...I have a long way to go!

I'm currently enjoying lifting again. P90X workouts are tough but I'm doing lower weight more reps so I can build more toned muscled instead of bulky muscle. I like the workouts, they are no non-sense routines that involve time tested moves like a variety of lunges, wall squats, pull-ups and push-ups. The yoga X dvd is nothing but extreme to me, a yoga novice. I spent most of it either shaking, stumbling or wondering how they bend that way. I give it my best and usually end up with a soaked t-shirt but I have a long way to go!

I know everyone out there has been on top of their game because I've been checking up on you from time to time so KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK and send some will power my way.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday Season and I will be back soon!

Borsch out.

Kelly  – (December 16, 2009 at 9:14 AM)  

See you in the new year glad to see you back. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to hear about the progress!

teacherwoman  – (December 16, 2009 at 10:26 AM)  

I was thinking about you! So happy to see you back! Half IM? Wahoo! Where did you find your training schedule? Or did you put something together yourself?

teacherwoman  – (December 16, 2009 at 11:39 AM)  

I would love to see your training schedule that you pieced together!!

I have gone into BT and looked at all the different schedules and get overwhelmed. I would love to try the HalfIM distance someday!

Rainmaker  – (December 16, 2009 at 9:45 PM)  

Nice new header and format. All fancy style.

Good to see you've got a schedule that works. Sometimes in the winter I like to just keep it low key and achievable.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP