Week 3 in the books...

Week 3 of training is in the books. One 5 miles run got skipped but I'm sure I made up for it some how. Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday I was on my feet from when I woke up to when I went to bed. Steph and I were painting, cleaning, second coat, cleaning, touch-up's, start another room, organize, install garage door opener, second coat in other room, touch-up's followed by more cleaning/organizing. Then Monday morning I did a 10 mile run in the morning. It was good, I felt good. I went out at a comfortable 10 min/mile - 10:15/mile pace. At the turn around I was feeling good so I picked it up a little. I was remembering something Phamrie had told me, she is planning on dragging me through a 4 hour marathon. So I decided to see what this body had left after being on my feet all those days. I managed to crank out 9:15's for a while but after 3 miles or so I needed some water a shot blocks so I walked a min while I scarfed those down and got right back at it. I found myself holding 9:30's and feeling ok. At mile 9.1 it all turned. I went up this little hill that left the trail I was on so I could take side streets back home and I really don't know what happened, I just started to feel low. I shot some more water at my gut but kept moving. Around 9.5 I was toast, I was nauseous and decided to walk home. I drank two huge glasses of water and ate a hot dog bun. We haven't went grocery shopping yet so all we have are turkey burgers, hot dogs, lean pockets and milk. The hot dog bun seemed to help, I did a quick stretch and wardrobe change and was off to my old place to begin the 10+ hours of: drive, load the truck, drive, unload the truck, box spring doesn't fit up stair case (stupid old homes!), drive, load the truck, drive, unload the truck, drive, buy new split queen box spring, drive, unload box springs, drive load the truck, drive, unload the truck, drive truck back to dad's.

It was a busy weekend, I'm glad this is a recovery week! I can get in some shorter runs, get some fun bike rides in and clean up the house. I'll post some pics later in the week!

Lisa Slow-n-Steady  – (July 7, 2009 at 8:42 AM)  

Well done.

and looking forward to house photos!

teacherwoman  – (July 7, 2009 at 9:05 AM)  

Good thing it's a recovery week. Boy oh boy! Can't wait to see some of your photos! :)

teacherwoman  – (July 7, 2009 at 9:05 AM)  
This comment has been removed by the author.
LG  – (July 7, 2009 at 1:05 PM)  

all the moving and packing and cleaning is definitely helping your cross-training ;) you should wear your HR to see how many calories you burn doing that stuff too.

Lauren  – (July 7, 2009 at 3:44 PM)  

I do not envy your week.

where are the pics of the painting progress? this post is useless without pics.

Rainmaker  – (July 7, 2009 at 8:18 PM)  

Eek. Painting. I find the worse thing about painting not actually the painting, but the taping.

Hot dog buns as fuel, ehh?

Run For Life  – (July 8, 2009 at 3:44 PM)  

Now that sounds crazy busy. Congrats on the home!!!

X-Country2  – (July 14, 2009 at 12:12 PM)  

yay for recovery weeks! Sounds like you earned it.

Formulaic  – (July 15, 2009 at 1:40 AM)  

You are getting some serious cross training in!

Good thing its recovery. I am tired just reading about it.

Can't wait for pics

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP