FIrst long run of the season...

I've been bustin' my butt with HW most of this weekend.  After 4 hours of reading global econ on Friday evening I took the rest of the night off and drank a few too many beers.  The left me in rough shape Saturday morning but didn't slow down the important activities of the day; get home owners insurance and a trip to Home Depot.  Steph and I looked at window treatments, cab. hardware, light fixtures and area rugs.  After that I hit the books again and finished almost all of my reading for the week.  Today I hit up some more homework, and went out for my first "long run" of the training season and jumped right back into home work.  


Today's run was supposed to be a long run with Pharmie down in St. Paul on Grand Ave. after the  Grand Old Days celebration.  Sorry for having to bail on your Pharmie!  I just couldn't justify the driving time away from school work.  So this afternoon I headed out for my "long run" deck out in cold weather gear!  Seriously, it was 48 degrees with occasional mists here.  THIS IS JUNE!  45 in the middle of the afternoon!  The first few miles of the run went well.  About mile 3 I got stuck at a stop light and when I started back up I noticed I was a little stiff in my calves.  WTF.  Ok, keep going.  Mile 4 and I'm starting to feel some twinges.  Grrrr.  The rest of me is fine, why is wrong with this calf!  4.5 and I'm thankful this was a loop.  I started to head home because my calf was cramping and I couldn't loosen it up.  I finished a 5 mile "long run" (I was hoping for 8-10).  

I think I decided my calf issues are mostly due to WEIGHT!  I've been gaining weight regularly since last October.  It is time to cut that shit out!  It helps that I have to fit in a tux this August and look good, as well as NEXT MAY!  :-)  

Steph and I both would like a new TV when we move into our house, but today Steph brought up the idea that we can't get a TV until we reach a weight loss goal.  I think that sounds like a good idea!  I'm very goal oriented and that would be a great goal for me...besides the marathon.  :-)

Casey  – (June 8, 2009 at 6:27 AM)  

Good luck with your goals!
Just thinking about reading 4 hours of global econ makes me want to fall asleep..! :)

Stefanie  – (June 8, 2009 at 10:33 AM)  

Weight loss and running was hard for me at first but laterly it has been working. If I can drop 40lbs... you can move mountains. Good Luck with the newest goals!

X-Country2  – (June 8, 2009 at 12:29 PM)  

I think something like 10lbs leads to 6 seconds less per mile. Add that to your motivation. :o)

Chad in the AZ Desert  – (June 8, 2009 at 4:15 PM)  

Weight definitely has a major impact on running and staying healthy, especially as the miles go up. I'm still trying to scape the remaining pounds off to get to my racing weight before the big push for my January goal marathon. Creating a reward for youself is a great idea to stay focused. I think the most important part of losing weight is staying focused on what and how much you are eating. Good luck!

teacherwoman  – (June 8, 2009 at 9:41 PM)  

The weather this past weekend was rediculous. And, I will be trying to swim OUTDOORS in same temps tomorrow morning?! yuck.

The goal of losing weight and treating yourself to a new TV sounds like a great idea! Good luck!

Run For Life  – (June 9, 2009 at 7:12 PM)  

Ugh, all that homework sounds like so. much. fun. :P

I also like to choose something to reward myself with if it's a major goal so good call to Steph on that!

Brooke  – (June 9, 2009 at 9:10 PM)  

Gotta love the life of an MBA student! I'm so glad mine are all away for the summer...but I remember reading all that crap. NOT.FUN!

As for Texas...it's been a consistent 95 every day. This morning at 5:30 when I ran it was 85 degrees and 95% humidity! Talk about YUCK!

Anyway, as you know, I totally understand the "weighty issues"...but I know you can do anything you set your mind too! I'm so excited for you and all the things you have coming down the pipe in the next few months and year!

Colleen  – (June 10, 2009 at 5:00 PM)  

Good lukc with earning the tv! That's a great motivator!

Formulaic  – (June 11, 2009 at 3:29 AM)  

I think its pretty normal to gain wieght with all the crap you have going on. New house, school, new level of love life.

Dude, I am tired just reading your first paraghraph.

Once the routine sets in. you'll be ready to focus on the weight and finally hit those training sessions in earnest.

Rural Girl  – (June 11, 2009 at 6:24 AM)  

You do have a ton going on! What an exciting time in your life; school and homeownership. I can easily see how training gets put on the back burner (and probably should). Remember all this well. You'll look back someday and wonder at how you did it!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP