What a weekend!

Thank you everyone for the warm regards and congrats! I really appreciate it!

First I just want you all to know I'm still stalking your blogs, just through google reader. I'll catch up with some comments later but for now I have to concentrate on a long week of work and the final project (not the paper mentioned below) that is due for this first class Monday.

Lets start the weekend with a long day of work on Friday (even though I left at 2). That was followed by drinking and BBQ at a friends house. Then I was up at the butt ass crack of dawn for duathlon (I was photographer) about an hour away. The race was fun and they even served burgers post race. I know I wasn't a participant but I hit that up (Thrice!), I was hungry after the night of drinking.

The rest of Saturday was studying for me. I got a good bit done but not as much as I would have hoped for. Sunday Steph and I went to look at some houses. Then it was back to studying for me. I had my first final paper of grad school due Monday. Eventually Sunday night rolls through and I'm falling asleep on my computer around 1:30. Oh yea, you know it is coming. I managed to delete part of my paper from sleeping with my computer on my lap and my hands on the key board. Some time through last week I lost my license, so Monday morning I was at the DMV applying for a new one. I got there 5 min before they opened and there was already 10 people in line, which took like an hour and a half. Holy cow! What kind of issues do people have? It took me 5 min. at the counter. After that I hit up a coffee shop where Steph and I were meeting my cuz the realtor and I managed to recreate 2/3 of what I deleted in an hour. Yay me! Then my cuz took us around to a few homes and we talked about the process a little. We set up another time for Thursday to see some more homes and then Steph and I grabbed lunch! We had a really good lunch at a small pub down the road. Everyone from TC check out the Blue Door! Great burgers!

After a lunch of house talk Steph and I went our separate ways and I went to finish my paper at school. Then 3 hours of class and I was homed 30 min later sleeping on the couch. Then sleeping in my bed, whoops...shut off the alarm in the morning and got to work 45 min late.

Holy cow! What a weekend!

It was a good weekend, just frazzled and crazy.

Lisa Slow-n-Steady  – (May 5, 2009 at 5:35 PM)  

I've had similar experiences with DMV crowds. We have a DMV express that I goto now. They charge like $15 per transaction, but I've found that I can get in and out of there in 15mins. I figure my time is worth the extra cost!

M  – (May 5, 2009 at 6:09 PM)  

so i am totally behind on the good news!!!! many, many congrats and best wishes to you two!!!!

Beth  – (May 5, 2009 at 9:46 PM)  

Thank you for stimulating the economy by purchasing a home! Good luck with house hunting and your paper.

Colleen  – (May 7, 2009 at 11:05 AM)  

Glad you were able to get your paper back up for the most part! :) Good luck with the home buying process!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP