Holy Wind and Heat

Yesterday Dave Dahl (local weather man) decided to combine the wind and the heat. It was 93 with gusts up to 40 mph when we left for our ride. We decided to head out into the wind first and hopefully keep the wind at our backs most the way home. That idea kind of worked but we had one 6-7 miles stretch of road with a NASTY crosswind. When we finally made the next left and had the wind at our backs life was grand! We ended with close to 39 miles at a 15.2 average. For those wind conditions I'm calling that a good day!

We road pretty hard and I'm feeling it today! I might have to skip my run today and make it up Friday...I think I need a stretch date with the foam roller. I woke up last night with my right calf cramping, not a good feeling!

Anyway, off to be productive at work then hopefully find a house!

LG  – (May 21, 2009 at 3:20 PM)  

Yikes! that is crazy weather!! And i bet it was the hot, sticky wind that really doesn't cool you off too.

trimybest  – (May 21, 2009 at 4:28 PM)  

wait no more! the story of baby is up on my blog!

X-Country2  – (May 21, 2009 at 10:08 PM)  

What is the DEAL up there?! Aren't you supposed to still have snow this time of year?

Jen B –   – (May 22, 2009 at 7:33 PM)  

Good luck on the house hunt!

Casey  – (May 23, 2009 at 5:36 AM)  

Great job on the ride! Those conditions sound like a total challenge!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP