Holy Heat!

Workouts have been a struggle lately! I'm finding it hard to schedule workouts with school and house hunting. I'm starting to lose steam with all of them. Especially after yesterday! Yesterday lovely Minnesota hit 93 degrees! Three days ago I went for a bike ride in 45 degrees (mid 30's windchill)! Needless to say, I wasn't ready for that! I was going out for a "easy" 4-5 mile run yesterday and It was cut short. I started out easy, got into a comfortable pace and within 1.5 miles I was hot as hell, couldn't settle my breathing and was feeling highly dehydrated. I ended up running/walking my way home with a desire for water! My mouth was as dry as a dessert! Nearly a 50 degree swing left me in a world of hurt! Hopefully I will acclimate soon, this whole week is supposed to be 70's and 80's.

Yesterday I sat down and made my marathon plan, it starts in 3 weeks! I have to get in my runs and keep building that base so I'm ready!

Today I'm going to hit the bike with the ride group out of LifeTime. Tomorrow is prolly going to be another short run followed by house hunting. :-) Wish me luck!

I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys the long weekend!

X-Country2  – (May 20, 2009 at 12:29 PM)  

I can't beleive it was that hot up there. The first hot run here had me sucking water off the hose on the side of a model home. It wasn't pretty.

Lauren  – (May 20, 2009 at 4:02 PM)  

I hear ya. I'm starting to think Denver is too hot for me, but we don't have the humidity so it should feel better!!

AHH and as for time, yeah. this oly has been eating 10-15 hrs/week, I can't imagine what a half or full IM would take! EEK!

Chad in the AZ Desert  – (May 20, 2009 at 4:50 PM)  

Good luck with the start of your marathon training. I'm sure the heat isn't going to last very long for you - that's not a desert you live in.

Lisa Slow-n-Steady  – (May 20, 2009 at 5:28 PM)  

Enjoy your weekend!

I've never liked training during summer. It's easier for me when it's cooler outside...

Nat  – (May 20, 2009 at 9:55 PM)  

Good luck with the house hunting. I had the same experience on my short run the other night. My mouth was soooo dry!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP