Happy Memorial Day!

I hope everyone is enjoying our lovely holiday weekend!  I know I am! 


After I knock off my 3 miler today I'll be three for three on workouts this weekend.  Saturday monring I hit up a 5 miler before Steph and I went house hunting.  I met a friend I hadn't seen in a while.  My runs lately haven't been the greatest my running partner (mr. shadow) and I had a great relaxed run!  Just us and the road.  Let me set the scene...it is about 6:30 in the morning.  It is about 65 degrees and the sun is coming up over your right shoulder.  A calm breeze swirls the sweat off your brow every once and  a while...what a great morning it was to go for a run!  

Steph and I found some very promising homes that morning as well!  We had two that we really wanted to see that we couldn't get into, our realtor couldn't get ahold of them.  I'm sure they were just out of town already.  Even without seeing those two we found two others that meet everything we are looking for except they have smaller dinning rooms.  We would like to entertain and it would just be slightly more complicated with smaller, well non-existent dinning rooms.  They were both eat in kitchens, one had a table tucked in the back of the living room, but it was a small two person table.  Not ideal for seating 8-12.  We are going to see the other two and a few others Steph found over the weekend early this week.  If one looks like the pictures on the inside and has decent bedrooms (not pictured) we'll take it.  The thing looks gorgeous!  Hard wood floors front to back.  Big 6 inch base boards, original turn of the century woodwork with modern updates.  All new appliances, new kitchen counter tops, basically a new kitchen.  Cross your fingers!

Sunday was a semi-relaxed day for me.  I did some reading, well I've really been reading all weekend off and one but Sunday is when I sat down to really crank it out.  Steph and I went for a nice bike ride.  It was 70's and sunny...it was perfect!  I really enjoyed going for a ride with her, we don't get to ride together very often.  I had a few times where I pulled away to do some sustained effort intervals.  I think at the end of the day I did 4 of them.  Pushing as hard as i could for 0.5 miles to 1 mile.  The first one was the hardest, but after that I was ready to kick it every time.  I'd look down and see the speedo reading 28...30...33...33...32...32...31...29...27...and done.  Those were great!  I really don't do enough of them!  When I ride with the Wed. night crew it is like 5 mile repeats.  It seems like we are all out for 5 miles and then we are stopped to re-group.  We typically have 3-4 of us that pull away from the group and then we need to wait for the string of others to catch up.  

Today I'm going to start writing a paper for my Global Econ class.  I've been reading 150 pages in this huge ass global econ book all weekend.  This stuff is so dry, it is hard to keep it moving!  So today I'm sitting down to crank out the paper that is due next Monday on this stuff.  I basically fit two weeks worth of HW into one weekend (if I get the paper done).  Next weekend is my "Memorial Day Weekend".  Steph's little sister is graduating HS next week so we are going down there for a weekend of graduation celebrations!  

Once I get a good crunch of this paper out of the way I'm heading out for an easy 3 miler sometime today.  I've been skipping some of these "easy" runs lately and I need to stop that.  

Anyway, wish me luck on the paper!

I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe weekend!

Kelly  – (May 25, 2009 at 10:56 AM)  

Good luck on the paper, and house hunting. Sounds like you've had a great weekend.

Lisa Slow-n-Steady  – (May 25, 2009 at 11:12 AM)  

Best wishes during house hunting - may you find just exactly what you are looking for!

X-Country2  – (May 25, 2009 at 11:56 AM)  

Good luck on that paper. THose weekend-sucking papers are the one thing I don't miss about grad school. :o)

teacherwoman  – (May 25, 2009 at 7:15 PM)  

Sounds like a great weekend all around! Good luck with the house hunting! Isn't it fun!?

Rainmaker  – (May 26, 2009 at 7:04 AM)  

Very nice intervals - and good luck on the house hunting. It'll all be worth it in the end.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP