First tramp stamp of the season

Wow, I feel good!  I'm starting to take control and find some balance with school/work/training.  Thursday I did my first out door bike ride.  I did a solid 19 miles.  I forgot to reset my Garmin from my last run so the pace was off, but I think it was around 19 mph.  Friday I did a nice 4 mile run.  I live by a HUGE hill so I start or stop every workout with this hill.  Friday I chose to end it with the hill.  When i got to the hill at the end of the run I took the down hill portion easy and just tried to find a good song for the next two min of hell!  Because of my wonderful assistant coach (Mr. Garmin) I can keep track of my pace and time it takes me to do this hill every time.  The last three times I've done it I was at a 9:45/mile pace, 9:25, 9:22 and on Friday I ran it at 8:43/min pace!  WHOOT!  I hit that biatch hard!  I was toast at the top of the hill but bring on spring, I'm ready to train hard.


With that in mind I went out for a nice 10 mile run today.  It was a lovely 32 degrees (26 windchill) with a fresh inch or so of snow on the ground.  I grab some gel and my fuel belt and went out the door.  I don't know why, but I was running 9:30's to start and this felt easy.  I tried to slow down, but didn't find it comfortable.  A few miles in I settled into my 9:45-10:00 min pace.  The first 5 miles flew by, I was feeling great and loving life!  It was a beautiful time to run.  30 degrees, light flurries and the sun was out.  When I turned around I started to get cold, the wind picked up a little ( I was on top of a hill ).  I just threw the gloves back on and found a new song to distract me with.  Eventually I was hidden from the wind by houses and buildings and I had the gloves back off in a matter of min.  Everything was great...until... a little over a mile to go.  I started getting THE URGE...you know...you've all seen that person running weird because they are clenching their butt cheeks.  Yep, that was me.  Around mile 9.6 I called it quits!  It was either stop or 'go'.  I walked/jogged the last .8 miles back to the house.  I was happy to see that my 9.6 miles was done in 10:02...right on my 10 min pace!  I couldn't have been happier, well maybe if that last mile would have been better!  

***EDIT***So the reason for the title on the blog post...I chaffed for the first time this year where my fuel belt rubs in the back at my waist line.  Oh the feeling of getting in the shower with freshly rubbed raw skin and salty sweat water running through it.....oh yea that's good!

I just put a half marathon on the schedule, Grandpa Stays Home Half Marathon on June 6th.  I haven't see a course or anything but the timing fits around other obligations.  


Last but not least I decided on a name for my bike!  Some where on my run the name Jonny Poser popped into my head and I fell in love!  Can't  you just picture some guy with the name Jonny Poser on an aero helmet and you pass him.  :-)  That would be hilarious!  So, I'm Jonny and my bike is Poser.  Poser wants to be a race bike but he is missing a few things...aero wheels, a better component group, he also needs to cut some weight.  The picture to the right is Mr. Poser and I playing sherpa at Grandma's Marathon last year.

If you didn't catch it before my Garmin was name Assistant Coach on my run today to.  He can't be coach, he only gives me all the info I need to make the plan.

Lisa Slow-n-Steady  – (April 5, 2009 at 5:05 PM)  

good job on the run. cute names for the garmin and bike too

LG  – (April 5, 2009 at 9:40 PM)  

great workouts! interesting though - chafing from a fuel belt - I have never heard of that - maybe you need some body glide for it! I whipped out my fuel belt for the first time this season today too. i'm glad the bike finally has a name - i bet it will perform better for now.

Brooke  – (April 5, 2009 at 10:05 PM)  

Great job this weekend! I'm so ready to get back in a routine...and I landed in MN today and it's COLD!!! I'm going to test out the hotel fitness center this week...but I'm ready to get my groove back! I'll let you know how it goes! :) And I'm excited about the P90X workouts!!

X-Country2  – (April 6, 2009 at 10:19 AM)  

Great workouts this weekend! I love this time of year.

Chic Runner  – (April 6, 2009 at 12:43 PM)  

Gah, I HATE those tramp stamps. I get them too and the insane BURN is so bad once I get in the shower.

Chad in the AZ Desert  – (April 6, 2009 at 1:57 PM)  

Oh yes. That shower water hitting the chafed skin is always a boatload of fun. Very cool about the half marathon. Good luck with your training.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg  – (April 6, 2009 at 4:47 PM)  

Way to not soil yourself, man!

So much of running comes down to that, doesn't it? Too much, perhaps. But the but cheek clench at the end put you right on pace, so ...

The Butt Works In Mysterious Ways, Its Wonders To Perform ...

Still snowy there? Well, it is Minnesota ...

Rainmaker  – (April 6, 2009 at 8:05 PM)  

Ha! The post title is hilarious after your explanation. Body-glide-fail. ;)

trimybest  – (April 7, 2009 at 8:40 AM)  

i got myself a nicde stamp on sunday also! although mine wasnt a tramp stamp i actually got two. one at the bottom of each butt cheek! i dunno how that happened.

Steve Stenzel  – (April 8, 2009 at 5:36 PM)  

Nice runs!!

And I'll have to see if I can be at that half...

Nice names too!

Anonymous –   – (January 8, 2010 at 2:16 PM)  

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous –   – (January 22, 2010 at 1:28 AM)  

I just found the website who reviews about
many
home business reviews

If you want to know more here it is
home based business
www.home-businessreviews.com

Anonymous –   – (February 21, 2010 at 1:01 PM)  

Not bad article, but I really miss that you didn't express your opinion, but ok you just have different approach

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP