Who's excited?!?

Sunday is my first attempt at a multi sport event that involved swimming, biking AND running.  I'm super pumped for it!  Maybe not as pumped as Steve but I'm still pretty excited.  I don't have many goals for this race.  It feels weird not to have an idea about what I will be able to do in a race.  I don't know what to expect on the swim.  I really have no goals for it.  I am guessing I won't come in last, but will be far from the front.  As for the bike I'd like to take 1st...I probably won't but that doesn't mean I'm not going to shoot for it.  I'm in the last wave so I should have a good idea about what I have to beat.  Honestly, I'll be happy as long as I give a good effort even if I place towards the middle of the pack.  Moving on to the run...who knows!  I've done a few bricks and a few spin classes followed by an easy 1 mile run off but I've never pushed all out for 30 min on the bike and then tried to run hard at a 2% incline.


Whatever the day brings I'm sure it will be a good time. 

X-Country2  – (March 7, 2009 at 12:12 AM)  

Good luck! Sounds like it'll be fun.

Brian  – (March 7, 2009 at 9:57 AM)  

If you are in the 10 am wave I'll just be finishing up. At this point, I'll probaby be wearing a Hammer Nutrition tri-suit so if you happen to see a 48-yo man looking like he just got hit by a bus in a HN suit...that's me.

This is the pool I swim at. Some hints: 1) its usually set a little cold but it is the perfect temp when you get going. 2) if you can, try and grab a lane higher than 4 (going l-r). For whatever reason, my splits are always slower the closer I am to the diving well.

When you park, go all the way to the right. There is a secret some parking lot that will place you right next to the pool and you will be able to see it from the second level as you walk a long indoor corridor.

I'd feel better about the event myself if I hadn't been on a extended business trip this week missing 5 days of training. I feel like a slug. Shooting for 22-24 lengths in the swim, 3+ mi on the run...who knows on the bike as it will depend on how they have calibrated the fly wheel.

Best of luck. I think this is the ideal race for your first 'tri' given the transition times in between. You'll be able to slow yourself down and get back into the zone instead of the added burden of trying to fly thru T1 and T2 for your first effort. If you have any other questions feel free to e-mail me at briankeithmaas@msn.com

Brian  – (March 7, 2009 at 1:38 PM)  

My bad. I'll be at the Plymouth location. Sounds like you'll be at the Eagan. I didn't realize two locations going on the same day. At any rate, have a good one in Eagan!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP