A weekend of races

Saturday was the stationary bike race. It was a super fun time! Everyone was really nice and committed to raising funds for cerebral palsy. I ended up riding two sessions on the bike since our team was short a few people. My first ride was all out! I pushed as hard as I could at the time. Looking back I wonder if I could have pushed just a little harder if I had known what the winning distance would be (like Ralph knew he had my 10.3 miles to beat). Anyway, I won't dwell on the fact that I lost by 0.06miles. Ralph inched me out literally at the gun! He was very kind and hit the brake on the back tire (as I did) when the 25 min was up. We knew it would be close so we rode the same bike, stopped it with the brake and just tried to be fair. I think we did a good job and he was the ultimate victor. I didn't have as much for the second ride, I rode 8.6 miles in the 25 min. Not as good as the first one but not bad either.


Here are a few pics of the day...

There are actually no pics of me, that I have. The person who used my camera didn't take any that turned out.

Here is a shot of the room. Each team had a table with a bike next to it. They switched bikes around as people needed, for size. You'll see people around the rider cheering them on and fanning them with piece of boxes (that felt SO GOOD!).


Here is Ralph digging deep around half way through his ride. His daughter is there telling him where he is at for speed and distance. By the end of his ride our entire team was cheering him on.

Any event with some dancing fools has to be fun right?!?
video



On Sunday I signed up for the St. Patty's Day Human Race 5k. My friends Heidi and Holly were doing it so I decided to do it with them. After my hard effort Saturday this was a recovery run for me. The goal was to get Heidi across the line at 30 min. Holly and I were trying to pace her to her goal. Heidi just missed her goal, I'm sure she will get that soon. Just past half way I thought Holly was picking it up and somehow Holly thought I was picking it up. Well we ended up dropping Heidi and came in at 28 something. Heidi wasn't far behind us 30:30 ( I think ).

Here is a pic of all of use before the start...

Heidi just past half way still smiling (on the right)...

I had a great weekend of races! I hope you all had a great weekend!

trimybest  – (March 24, 2009 at 12:22 AM)  

great job raising money for charity!

X-Country2  – (March 24, 2009 at 11:46 AM)  

What a great way to support a great cause.

Formulaic  – (March 24, 2009 at 11:57 AM)  

By .06??!!

Son of a Bitch!!

Sounds like a good time.

Can't believe you dropped Heidi! How funny!

J~Mom  – (March 24, 2009 at 12:03 PM)  

Looks like a great weekend!!

Chic Runner  – (March 24, 2009 at 1:11 PM)  

Looks like a fun filled exercise weekend! Great job on all the events!

Chad in the AZ Desert  – (March 24, 2009 at 1:17 PM)  

That sounds like a great weekend. Good job!

LG  – (March 24, 2009 at 1:49 PM)  

yay for a fun filled weekend of "do-good" activities - biking for a good cause and running to help a friend reach a personal goal! and now that i know my first socal tri is on your bday, i am definitely signing up.

Brooke  – (March 24, 2009 at 2:03 PM)  

What a fun weekend! And it looks like the weather is getting nicer! Which is HUGE for me since I'll be there April 5-8!! I'm staying in Downtown Minneapolis - I have no idea how far that is from you, but I would love to find some places to run...especially since I'll be there for a full week next fall.

And yes, I would LOVE the P90X DVD's!!! That would be AWESOME!! I'll send you an email today and we can either figure out a time/place to meet while I'm in your country, or you can just send them.

I hope you are enjoying your week! Please tell me that the weather is getting better up there! :)

Colleen  – (March 24, 2009 at 2:30 PM)  

The bike race looks fun! And what a great cause! Great job to Heidi (and you and Holly!), even if she was a little short on her goal!

Rainmaker  – (March 24, 2009 at 9:56 PM)  

Holy cow - .06 miles? Wow. Congrats though on the busy weekend for charity!

Katie  – (March 25, 2009 at 9:26 AM)  

Sounds like a busy -- and well worth it -- weekend! I'm not sure I've ever seen an indoor bike race like that.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg  – (March 25, 2009 at 10:47 AM)  

0.06 - eh, whaddaya gonna do, right? Still, it was about the cause, not about you, so in the end ...

0.06?!1!

Aw, man, that SUCKS!

Kidding.

Great job, Borsch!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP