"Tales of a Virgin Athlete"

Steve is currently hosting a contest, which closed last night. I found it very hard to stick to 300 words. When I started writing I hit 300 words half way through. Go ahead, count the words...300 exactly! Anyway, I thought I would share my entry with you...





It’s Christmas Eve 2005. I’m working for a local paper company driving truck. The time is 9pm and I’m just beginning my shift. I’m loading my truck full of papers for stops between Red Wing, MN and Lacrosse, WI. I’m prepared for a long night, this route usually take 9-10 hours.


Jump ahead 3 months. I’m beginning to establish myself in my first corporate position. I was on top of the world, no more working nights and lots of disposable income. I denied myself nothing! 700 calorie mochas, burger and fries for lunch, DQ anytime and plenty of beer. I never turned down a friend who wanted to close down the bar.


Jump ahead another 3 months. I’m beginning notice significant change in my body. I’ve went up a pants size and I’m tipping the scale at 295 pounds. My roommate and I decided we wanted to start working out again so we joined a gym. I would hit the Stairmaster for 15 – 20 min and then we would do some upper body lifting. We were both football players and went back to what we knew, lifting. One day we decided to give running a shot.


We laced up our shoes and headed out for a 2 mile loop. Within the first 6 blocks I found myself walking to the top of our first hill. I made it to the top and started running again. Within a few more blocks I was huffing and puffy. No I wasn’t preparing to blow any houses down; I just couldn’t control my breathing. I eventually ran/walked the rest of the loop and every other day until it was too cold to run outside. Over time I started to feel good, I felt strong! I rarely denied myself the opportunity to run my loop.



Before...


After...

Glaven Q. Heisenberg  – (March 12, 2009 at 10:28 AM)  

Sad. You're only half the man you used to be.

So sad, brother.

Seriously, a very inspiring story, but those pix tell it best of all.

Chic Runner  – (March 12, 2009 at 1:03 PM)  

You are an animal! I never knew that you have lost that much weight. You look so great Borschie. Great job and keep it up.

Chad in the AZ Desert  – (March 12, 2009 at 2:39 PM)  

Awesome story! That is a wonderful transformation. Great job!

Formulaic  – (March 12, 2009 at 7:21 PM)  

Awesome story. I like the pics the best. They speak volumes.

How is p90x going? Still seeing improvements?

Beth  – (March 12, 2009 at 9:12 PM)  

What a great story! I love the smile on your face in the after pic... it says it all. Nice work!

Lisa Slow-n-Steady  – (March 12, 2009 at 9:20 PM)  

Great story - and you look awesome!!!

X-Country2  – (March 13, 2009 at 10:53 AM)  

I love stories like this! Amazing job.

Run For Life  – (March 15, 2009 at 12:08 AM)  

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. :)

Greyt Times  – (March 21, 2009 at 8:18 AM)  

300 words was hard to keep to, wasn't it?

AMAZING transformation!!! So happy for you!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP