T - Minus

I feel like things are always sneaking up on me lately...

T - minus 5 days until the Lifetime Indoor Tri. My first tri, even though I don't think I'm counting it as an official tri.

T - minus 11 days until grad school starts. My program starts 3-4 cohorts a year making it more flexible for working professionals.

T - minus 45 days until the Twin Cities Marathon sign up opens. I'm not sure if I want to do it again while training for a tri (maybe) attempting to work and do school work. I really enjoyed the way I felt last year, I looked good, my jeans fit better. So I'm just throwing it out there, it has been on my mind lately.

T - minus 55 days until he Winter Be Gone Duathlon. This was my first multi sport event last year that I had to do on my 12 year old Schwinn since my new road bike at the time was in the shop. I had a 13.5 mph average on the bike last year, I'd like to destroy that this year. I'm shooting for a 20 mph bike average. If you are in the Midwest come join us...I think we have a good crew 5 - 7 people doing this race this year.

T - minus 22 pounds until I'm at my goal weight. I don't know what happened after Twin Cities Marathon last year, but I pretty much put on a pound a week until Christmas and now I'm paying the price for not being conscious. I'm down 4 pounds in the last two weeks, lets keep this going down.

On to other news, I did the Total Conditioning class last night and it kicked my butt! I made a huge mistake with not eating before I went. I crashed and got nauseous and light headed. It wasn't fun. We started with some step, jumping squats and jumping jacks to get our heart going. Then we moved into push ups on those half balance bars holding a body bar, uneven push ups (1 hand on the half ball, 1 hand on the floor), ad decline push ups (toes up on the half ball). After that we did more squats and lunges, with and without weights, on a step lunging up and down off the step in different directions. Then we did some back stuff with our dumbbells and bands while moving and lunging and squatting. We then did some more bicep, tricep work with the dumbbells. Finished everything off with abs and some yoga stretching. THIS CLASS KICKED MY ASS! I'll be doing this class again, but I'll have to remember to eat better before I show up.

A middle aged man that cycles with me on Wednesdays was talking some shit to myself and to some of the other ladies in the class around us.

I just want to say one last thing...
1) I don't care if you are almost twice my age
2) You have been doing this class every week for the last two years...lets go do any of the P90X workouts and I'll make you look like my little bitch. Or lets hit the pavement with some running shoes for a speed workout, I bet I make you puke!
3) If you are going to talk smack about us "cocky young bucks" you should at least be able to do the moves. I want to see your chest get to the ground on the push ups! I want to see your leg at a 90 degree angle with your knee over your toe while lunge...none of this two inch squat shit.
4) When we were doing jumping squats I want to see you actually fight for some height, not just going through the motions.
5) How about we don't swing the weights bicep and tricep work! Try controlling the weights, it hurts more!
6) Watch out on the bike...no more sucking my wheel for 20+ miles every Wed. I'm going to walk right by you before you have a chance to jump into my draft.

Normally I don't have a problem with people at the gym, but who starts talking smack about people? Especially when that person is actually trying. They are doing what they can do. There is just no class in that. Or if you want to talk shit, do it when they can't hear you.

That's all I got....I'm out...have a good day!

Lisa Slow-n-Steady  – (March 3, 2009 at 8:02 AM)  

Good luck this weekend. I don't think I'd count it as an official tri either, but it will be a darn good brick workout!

http://gokristen.wordpress.com  – (March 3, 2009 at 10:34 AM)  

Your description of the class was my work out for the day...

That was intense!

LG  – (March 3, 2009 at 11:16 AM)  

Gym people talking smack are the worst. And I find most people at the gym are not really athletes, people that only workout at the gym and don't put any of into real action...posers in my book.

good luck on the inaugural tri that's not really tri but technically is a tri!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg  – (March 3, 2009 at 11:30 AM)  

Guy sounds like a real d*ck.

You're better off ignoring him. He probably wants a reaction, and if you give it to him, he wins. Don't let him win, Borsch!

I hate gyms. It's the other people that ruin it for me.

Good luck with all that stuff you have on your plate, man.

Chad in the AZ Desert  – (March 3, 2009 at 1:44 PM)  

That indoor triathlon is a great place to start. Trust me, you can make it as intense as you choose to.

Brian  – (March 3, 2009 at 7:05 PM)  

Just got my start time for the indoor, 9 am. Maybe we cross paths?

For the WBG du, I'm hoping for 1) a bit higher temp than last year, 2) less wind than last year, 3) finding the bike turn-around as last year I blew thru it and ended up riding the long course bike instead of the short course! Hey, I figure I got in a good bike workout. This year, I'm getting down early so I can drive the friggin' course

Nat  – (March 3, 2009 at 7:07 PM)  

Good luck! You are going to be hooked, I know it! Can't wait to hear the update on how it goes. On another note, have you frickin seen spring around here? Ahhh I can't stand winter anymore!

trimybest  – (March 4, 2009 at 12:02 PM)  

some people suck. i have only experienced someone like that jerk once. we were doing a 60 mile ride and a guy was complaining about how i wasnt flying up the hills like he was and how much better shape he was in. i explained how immediately after the ride i was goin out for a 15 mile run and invited him along. he never said a word after that. good luck in your tri!

X-Country2  – (March 4, 2009 at 6:45 PM)  

Bosu! I love that thing. Best piece of at-home workout equipment I've ever purchased.

Good luck with all your numbers. Sounds like a great 2009.

Rural Girl  – (March 6, 2009 at 9:27 AM)  

Uh..I'm sensing a little aggression! Just don't take the guy out, alright?! :)

Wes  – (March 6, 2009 at 10:28 AM)  

LOL... It costs you nuthing to give the old guy his simple pleasures :-) Let'em talk smack then "acknowledge" how bad he is kicking your ass! ROFL...

Run For Life  – (March 6, 2009 at 4:32 PM)  

Those are a lot of countdowns! God luck with the tri this weekend.

I hate it when people are full of themselves like that and voice it.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP