Date with the foam roller

Monday I went out for a nice 9 mile run.  I went out with no course, distance, etc in mind.  I ended up running on a road that had a little too much grade.  I switched sides a few times but I eventually started to feel some tightness in my IT band.  I actually stopped at my parents house on my run to have one of them give me a ride home.  It was either run another 2.5 miles home or call it a day and not push it.  So after a really hard spin class yesterday my IT band was really tight today.


I had a 'man date' with an old HS friend tonight and after that I went on a date with the foam roller.  Let me say...OUCH.  I've befriended the foam roller previously but this time the foam roller was not my friend.   The foam roller just laid on there as I passed my body over it time and time again.  It hurt!  The foam roller did nothing to ease the pain, it seemed to intensify.  After 6 - 8 passes in each spot I had to call it quits.  

Tomorrow is going to be an easy 90 min spin.  Saturday is my Stationary Bike Race to benefit Cerebral Palsy.  THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO DONATED TO THIS GREAT CAUSE!  If you still want to donate or find out more about the race and cause please visit my personal donation site.  http://www.firstgiving.com/borschintraining

If I only ride one 25 min time trial on the bike I might head out for some intervals, if I end up doing 2 (our team is short three people as of yesterday) I may wait until Sunday.  I'd like to get in some solid half mile intervals before the Winter Be Gone Duathlon next month.  I think I'm in good shape for doing long runs but another faster than 9:30's really starts to zap me.  I'm going to do the short course for the Winter Be Gone which is 2.25 mile run, 13 mile bike and it finishes with a 2 mile run.  So it is time for some speed work! 

Marcy  – (March 20, 2009 at 6:46 AM)  

Ahhhh yes my FR and I have had a couple dates as well. I hate/love that thing *sigh*

Glaven Q. Heisenberg  – (March 20, 2009 at 8:48 AM)  

Smart move stopping at the 'rents' and getting that ride. It could have been a BIG mistake to push it. I've done that - pushed when I should have stopped - and I lived to regret it.

No more, I tell myself. Run smart, even if that means, on some day, running abbreviated.

X-Country2  – (March 20, 2009 at 9:00 AM)  

Good luck this weekend! Sounds like a great cause.

LG  – (March 20, 2009 at 10:39 AM)  

2 dates in 1 night....maybe your foam roller sensed you had just been out on your man date so didn't feel like playing nice.

have a great time at the race saturday!

Formulaic  – (March 20, 2009 at 11:20 AM)  

Smart move on ending the run early.

But the foam roller...is ouch!

6-8 passes?? That is like a herculean task. Way to go!

Chad in the AZ Desert  – (March 20, 2009 at 11:44 AM)  

Good luck with the bike race and take care of that IT Band.

trimybest  – (March 20, 2009 at 4:37 PM)  

hope you avoid an it injury! it was suggested to me by my coach to use the roller everyday for a couple weeks. it totally helped and it got to be pain free within that time. good luck

IronJenny  – (March 21, 2009 at 5:13 AM)  

Send me your email address at ironjenny@mac.com... sorry I haven't checked my blogs lately - I've been pulled in other directions lately - but I do want to talk to you about the comment you left about Coke.

Rainmaker  – (March 21, 2009 at 12:25 PM)  

Both a man-date and a date with an inanimate objects. You sound more like a female...

J~Mom  – (March 22, 2009 at 11:07 PM)  

I really hate the FR but it does help!!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP