Quick update

I've had a good week with workouts:

  • 3 spin classes + a 3 hours spin tomorrow
  • 1 run ( I was really pulled by a dog for three miles) He ran well at 7:30 or 8 min miles but not my 9-10 min miles + 1 easy run today
  • 1 yoga session
  • 2 pool workouts - just drills
  • 1 weight day
  • 3 days of ab ripper x
Yesterday Steph and I had dance, we totally rocked the place! Not really though. A little background. So far we are focusing on 2 main dances (swing and salsa) and tango is our filler dance (usually last ten min of the session). Last time we added female turns in both swing and salsa. Easy for me, I didn't have to change my footwork at all. This week we added a male turn to both. EEEEKK! Both male turns are complicated. I have to move my arms just right or I elbow her in the face in salsa. We did two versions, 1 where I just spin and drop her hands and another where I drop my hand behind my back and transfer her hand to my other hand while I spin. And with swing we are doing an inside turn (we've down the outside turns) which involves us both going around each other and we both seem to get off time with our feet. We also end up to far away. This might take some practice. I think we are both too timid to kick or step on each other. We are making some progress and not looking half bad. :-)

If you are in the St. Paul, MN area give me a shout and join me for the 3 hours spin tomorrow! You don't need to be a lifetime member, I'll get you in. I gots connections like you wouldn't believe.

Peace...I'm out.

Chic Runner  – (February 13, 2009 at 1:32 PM)  

3 hours of spin. you are a freak. i can't even do like 10 minutes before I think i'm going to pass out

Danielle in Iowa  – (February 13, 2009 at 1:38 PM)  

Oh man, 3 hours of spinning is more than my brain can handle!

And hey, can I borrow that dog foy my next 5k?

Glaven Q. Heisenberg  – (February 13, 2009 at 2:06 PM)  

Of course male turns are harder because they're just like female turns except with the extra added responsibility of a penis. Just another thing to potentially trip over.

Women don't know how good they got it.

Good job on the exercise/dance week!

Lisa Slow-n-Steady  – (February 13, 2009 at 2:23 PM)  

Good workout week.

My kids enjoy "swing dancing" occasionaly with friends. They say basically the same thing - the girl movs seem to go better.

Jen Rife  – (February 13, 2009 at 4:14 PM)  

Where can I find info on the long spins? I can't make it tomorrow, but I definitely want to do one if they have any more this spring.

X-Country2  – (February 14, 2009 at 1:03 PM)  

You DANCE?! Wow, that Steph is one lucky lady. :o)

If I lived in MN, I'd be all over that spin class. Plus, I love me some Lifetime. The Life Cafe is worth it alone.

Colleen  – (February 14, 2009 at 1:44 PM)  

When do we get video proof that you and Steph dance???

teacherwoman  – (February 14, 2009 at 3:32 PM)  

Looks like a pretty successful week! Nice work!

J~Mom  – (February 15, 2009 at 2:17 PM)  

That is a bummer that I had to miss 3 hours of spin. ;.)

Nice work!!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP