Quick Update

Friday was a killer 90 min spin class. I have two main spin teachers I like and they just teamed up on Fridays. One person does the first hour and then the other does the last 30 min and they switch every week. Patti is GO all the time. I think I had an average HR in the 170's when she was done. Suzanne is all load. She does some faster stuff but typically her classes involve a lot of hills and load. Having those two people team up just killed me on Friday. Saturday morning I did 90 min of Yoga X. I'm getting better at surviving some of the hard parts. All of the downward dog stuff did help me stretch out my legs after that spin class that had me cramping up half way through.

I'm pausing for effect....





More pause....




I did my first pool workout. I wasn't anything spectacular just the first three lessons in the Total Immersion program. I learned to float on my back, find the sweet spot and extend my body.

I'm confident I can progress and be ready to swim for ten min next month. :-)

Have a good weekend!

Jen –   – (February 7, 2009 at 8:30 PM)  

Congratulations! Good on ya!

trimybest  – (February 7, 2009 at 10:26 PM)  

welcome to the world of swimming! triathlons kick way more ass than duathalons!

Lisa Slow-n-Steady  – (February 8, 2009 at 4:31 AM)  

WooHoo! Congrats on getting in the pool!!

Rainmaker  – (February 8, 2009 at 3:38 PM)  

Congrats on the first pool workout! Before ya know it you'll be a certified fish.

TRI TO BE FUNNY  – (February 8, 2009 at 4:26 PM)  

You'll be a fish in the water before you know it!

Steve Stenzel  – (February 8, 2009 at 9:05 PM)  

Sweet!! Nice job getting in the pool!!

X-Country2  – (February 8, 2009 at 9:13 PM)  

Way to get in the pool! I suspect you'll be very good very quickly. :o)

Colleen  – (February 9, 2009 at 11:26 AM)  

You gotta start somewhere... especially with the water! Let me know how you like TI swimming. I tried it and just couldn't get into it, although I already knew "how" to swim, albeit VERY slow. I might try the drills again soon.

Wes  – (February 9, 2009 at 4:41 PM)  

That's one of things I can definitely say I've loved about P90X. The Yoga has been awesome and I can stretch better than I ever have before. Hopefully this flexibility will come in handy during next season.

Now, I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate Yoga and Abs X into my regular training!

Way to hit the pool, bro!! You are coming on strong!

nwgdc  – (February 9, 2009 at 9:03 PM)  

The sun salutations of yoga are amazing stretches, aren't they!? Every time I do them I realize I should do them more.

As for swimming...I need that class!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP