Make you wanna puke intervals

Last night I joined the normal crew+a few others for Patti's spin class. She has always been nothing but intense and yesterday was no exception. I hurt my knee a little over the weekend and was planning to just show up and spin easy through the class. Why does that never happen? Seriously? I always get caught up in her class and then I'm kicking my butt later for being stupid. I thankfully didn't get hurt yesterday. When we started Patti informed us that we were doing intervals...ok I can handle that. We have never done intervals like this before. I have never pushed so hard on a bike, this class was probably not meant for half the people in the room. Some of these people don't work out enough or hard enough to be at the point where they can push themselves in zone 5 for a few min.



Here are the details:


  • 15 min warm-up

  • 5 ALL OUT intervals (4 min, 3, 2, 3, 4)

  • 4 min recovery after each interval

I burned more calories in that class than any normal Wed. spin class with Patti. (1234 compared to 800-900 calories) Take a look at my heart rate through the class, I does a great job at telling the story. Click on the thumbnail to blow it up.

If you are interested in a group bike/run see last post.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg  – (February 26, 2009 at 8:46 AM)  

Man, you're turning into the quite the spin doctor, brother!

I think the reason you get caught up in it comes down to one word:

Adrenaline.

I sometime set out to do just so much but, once the adrenaline starts pumping, I end up doing way more than I wanted or thought myself capable of that day.

Of course, that didn't happen today on my run, but ... I never allow contradictory data to alter my theories. I like my theories too much for that.

Formulaic  – (February 26, 2009 at 11:55 AM)  

That's some intense workout.

What watch are you using to determine your calories?

I wish Garmin did it, but the stupid thing goes by distance not HR. bigger than a brick but sometimes just as dumb as one too.

X-Country2  – (February 26, 2009 at 12:15 PM)  

That's certainly getting your money's worth!

Chic Runner  – (February 26, 2009 at 1:13 PM)  

Spinning your life away, that looks intense, you are getting so hardcore borsch! :) Great job though

Marcy  – (February 26, 2009 at 1:49 PM)  

Awwwwhhh hells nah! Insanity I tell you! Great job ;-)

Rainmaker  – (February 26, 2009 at 9:45 PM)  

Very nicely done! Looks like quite a solid set there.

Chad in the AZ Desert  – (February 28, 2009 at 3:05 PM)  

Wow, that sounds like quite the 'recovery' spin. I hate to think what you do for an intense workout.

Anonymous –   – (November 25, 2009 at 6:55 PM)  

[url=http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=259462]mexitil discount[/url]

Anonymous –   – (February 8, 2013 at 6:33 AM)  

http://site.ru - [url=http://site.ru]site[/url] site
site

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP