I'm dumb!

So after 3 days of being sick here I am, sitting on the couch at 11pm.  I have a stuffy nose, slight headache and just feel like crap.  I was hoping to take some NyQuil and get a good nights sleep before tomorrows 5 hour spin.  Well, I'm dumb!  In my sick stupor I took the DayQuil instead of the NyQuil.  So here I sit, sick and not tired at all.


1 good thing, American Chopper is on.  I love this show!  The family has a great dynamic and they turn out some awesome bikes!  I used to watch it on discovery channel all the time!  If I could subscribe to just the discovery channel I would.  

Anyway, I'm going to turn off the computer and lights and hope I fall asleep.  If you haven't done so, take a look at the last post for some awesome winter running around a credit union.  Note: posts written under the influence of sickness!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg  – (February 22, 2009 at 6:40 AM)  

Whoa, dude, that DayQuil must be some powerful hallucinogenic sh*t, because this post is the freakiest thing I've ever read - like Alice in Wonderland on crystal meth! Try to mellow out slowly so you don't crash there, Timothy Leary!

Seriously, hope you're feeling better. I'm reading about all these sick foax in the blogosphere and it brings out my compassionate side - the one that says: "I hope I don't get this" and "Better HIM than ME!"

Get well. DON'T accidentally take the NyQuil during the day or you'll REALLY hallucinate!

Lisa Slow-n-Steady  – (February 22, 2009 at 8:51 AM)  

Oh no!!! dayquil instead of nyquil?!?!? That can't bode well for a good night's rest...

Danielle in Iowa  – (February 22, 2009 at 9:19 AM)  

I can't believe you are still planning on doing hours of spinning when you can't even sleep without medication! You know, sometimes rest is a good thing :-)

Brian  – (February 22, 2009 at 9:48 AM)  

Only difference between the two is the decongestant. It's the decongestant that keeps you awake.

Vicks rcently released new formulations of both NyQuil and DayQuil, removing the decongestant ingredient from NyQuil entirely, and replacing it will a far less effective decongestant in DayQuil. They both contain an antihistamine called doxylamine succinate, which can cause drowsiness.

I don't think either are effective (R.Ph. for 25-years now). Get some rest. A 5-hr spinner would not be beneficial. Hit the sauna instead!

Marcy  – (February 22, 2009 at 12:41 PM)  

Duuuddee that is SO something I'd do HAHAHA. That stinks.

X-Country2  – (February 22, 2009 at 1:56 PM)  

Quils are no joke. And yeah, that's TOTALLY something I would do too.

Get well soon!

Jen Rife  – (February 22, 2009 at 8:31 PM)  

I love American Chopper! Mikey rules!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP