Brrrr....



I woke up today, a little stuffy, but feeling better than the last few days.  I've been sick for about 2 or 3 days.  It just sucks because I haven't worked out while sick either.  I just had a bad head cold, stuffed up, head ache and just feeling crappy.  Today I felt a lot better and just have a stuffy nose.  After 3 days with no workouts I was itching to get back at it.  We have a typical MN morning, teens with a nice windchill bringing the temp down to single digits.  I bundled up this morning cleared the 3-4 inches of snow off the driveway.




After that I cleaned up the parents driveway and sidewalks.  At that point I was nice and warm and feeling good.  I decided to put on the running shoes and go out for a nice easy run.  Less than two blocks into the run I knew this was a bad idea!  3-4 inches of made it feel like you were running in sand.  All of the sidewalks around me are "city owned" so I'm sure they weren't priority to clear off this morning.  I made it about 3/4 of a mile before I had enough with the crappy footing and constantly slipping on snow and ice.  I saw a nice credit union that is closed on weekends with a lovely plowed parking lot.  So I ran around the credit union a dozen times or so, then ran back home.  Click on the picture below to blow it up, you will notice the circles around the credit union.  



I know some of you out there put screws in your shoes and others of you use the YAKTRAX Pro.  I just have a hard time buying something I'm not sure I'm going to like.  I'm really cautious when buying anything for running.  Am I going to get blisters?  Will these cushion my feet enough?  Will this shirt rub my nips off?  Will these shorts chafe?  I guess I should just 1) stop  my whining about running in crappy conditions or 2) do something about it.  

On to other news, there is a 5 hour spin class tomorrow.  I'm probably not doing all 5 hours.  I'm shooting for 3 or 4 hours and then probably a good ab workout and a good stretch.  

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!  

Melanie  – (February 21, 2009 at 4:51 PM)  

i've been hesitant to try the YakTrax too. Good luck on that spin class tomorrow!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg  – (February 22, 2009 at 6:46 AM)  

Yeah - what Lisa S-n-S said! FIVE HOURS!? Are you sure this isn't some post-grad's doctoral research to see how long people can spin before they are driven insane?

Because I'm betting the upper threshold for a normal brain is like three hours, tops. After that - permanent La-La land.

So don't do more than 3. And definitely not while tripping on NyQuil.

Jen Rife  – (February 22, 2009 at 8:29 PM)  

Get the Yak Trax. Definitely worth the money!

LG  – (February 22, 2009 at 9:31 PM)  

Did all those circles make you dizzy? You know you could buy the YakTrax and return them

Chic Runner  – (February 23, 2009 at 2:39 PM)  

5 hour spin is crazy borsch. just crazy.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP