Quick Update

I SIGNED UP FOR MY FIRST TRI!

There was overwhelming support for me to break into the world of triathlon so I did. I'm doing the Lifetime indoor tri. For those of you unfamiliar you here is how it breaks down...

  • 10-minute swim in lap pool (no drowning allowed, just stand up)
  • 10-minute transition (swim to bike)
  • 30-minute bike in cycle fitness studio (bikes preset for resistance)
  • 5-minute transition (bike to run)
  • 20-minute treadmill run (I've been told this is with a 2% incline)
  • The total distance you cover across the course determines your score.
I'm not going to like the bike! I've been told the bikes are set pretty loose and this just isn't going to fly for me. I'm a bigger guy with some leg power...I like to hammer some load at 90 rpm. Not spin out of my shoes and blow out a knee.

This race is March 8th...come join me! It should be fun! Steve is prolly going to win. He has done this race at other clubs and I compared his distances vs points with those races to the results of the last time my Lifetime had this race and he would have won with the same performance.

Chic Runner  – (January 28, 2009 at 12:23 PM)  

Way to go Borsch! :) You will do great at the tri!

Emily  – (January 28, 2009 at 1:03 PM)  

Good luck! Just be careful, the tri thing gets addictive fast.

Karen  – (January 28, 2009 at 4:36 PM)  

Congrats! You'll do great--practice spinning if you can.

Jen Rife  – (January 28, 2009 at 4:55 PM)  

Hmm... Tempting... I may have to join you guys.

Lisa Slow-n-Steady  – (January 28, 2009 at 5:49 PM)  

I've never done an indoor tri, but it sounds like a nice way to get introduced to the sport. Go make it happen!!

IronMin  – (January 28, 2009 at 7:14 PM)  

Yay! I'm so excited for you. This is the first of many tri's...I can totally feel it.

Rainmaker  – (January 28, 2009 at 7:17 PM)  

Awesome! You've been converted to the dark side!

teacherwoman  – (January 28, 2009 at 7:59 PM)  

Hmmm... I am seriously thinking about joining you guys in this... I was thinking of doing the one in Chan on the 22nd of February... but might just do this one... hmmm...

I did the one in Maple Grove last March, but don't remember them having the treadmill on a 2% incline... are you sure of this?

Meg  – (January 28, 2009 at 8:11 PM)  

Yay! Congrats, that will be fun!

Brooke  – (January 29, 2009 at 9:43 AM)  

That's the craziest kind of tri I've ever heard of...but I think you will LOVE it! Be ready, you will soon become an addict!

Steve Stenzel  – (January 31, 2009 at 12:36 PM)  

No, I'll be far from winning. Last year at the club I did it at, they had us NOT do the 2% incline. That's why the run times were SOO much better.

So, for the record, I will not win. I'm shooting for top 10.

It'll be a BLAST!! I can't wait!!

Chad in the AZ Desert  – (February 1, 2009 at 2:52 PM)  

Very cool! I'm a member at the one here in Phoenix and did the one last year. It was a ton of fun. Unfortunately they scheduled the one this year for when I'm going to be out of town.

Have fun with it!

choofy  – (February 14, 2009 at 1:01 PM)  

have you heard about trinona? it looks like it'll be a great new local triathlon in my hometown--though i won't be doing the greg lemond version...

trinona.com

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP