Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday Season!

I just want to let everyone know that I've been transferring all my bloggy stuff from my 'work' computer to my SWEET NEW personal computer. I'm trying not to miss any rss feeds for any of you, wish me luck.

Because life seems to happen alot lately P90X didn't start on Jan 2nd. I did get in the fitness test and even with all the holiday pounds and lack of motivation lately I met all the min requirements for doing the program. I'm looking forward to braving the New Years Resolution'ers at the gym in the coming months as I do some of the workouts at the gym. I have a bike, tredmill and Chuck Norris approved Total Gym at home but no free weights or place to do pull ups so those workouts are going to be done at the gym. I've put a few of those workouts on my iPod so I can glance at the small screen and switch to the next exercise. I've 'flipped' through a few workouts and think I'll be able to easily flow from exercise to exercise since they are all pretty routine after you do each dvd a time or two.

Now, lets look forward through 2009.

Steve recently posted about his 2008 and 2009 and something struck me in that post. "Workout with a purpose." I have not done that lately and I'm about to start! I did all summer, I had goals for most of my workouts. What do I want to get out of this run, bike ride, etc. With P90X giving me new focus and no excuses for not going to the gym I'm ready to get back on that train. The Holidays are over, I enjoyed them fully and my snug pants show it.

While I rock the P90X program I'm going to really try to get in some running and biking. The half marathon I was planning on doing this month is out. I'm just not in shape for that, I know I could finish it, but the last time I tried to train for a half marathon in a month I hurt myself. I might do the 5K associated with that race though. I'd like to get in at least 1 race a month. This would probably be comprised of 5k's through the winter, some duathlons in the spring, a few half marathons in the summer, maybe a century ride or two and possibly a late season marathon. I've been invited by a cousin to join her and her husband for the NYC Marathon this year. I wouldn't have to start training until August so that would give me plenty of time to get full use out my bike, something I missed last year with my fall marathon.

I still have my friendly competition with Pharmie for the fastest half marathon. Stakes still haven't been discussed, but I plan on kicking her butt and hopefully going from 2:00:00 (my pr) down to 1:45:00...yes I just typed that, 15 min pr. Keep working the Dome Running Pharmie, you're going to need every min of it.

With that being said my theme for 2009....BRING IT!

Marcy  – (January 5, 2009 at 11:59 AM)  

Whoooaaaa go get that 1:45 baby!!

Chic Runner  – (January 5, 2009 at 12:06 PM)  

You can totally do 1:45!!! :) No big deal. Glad your working out with a purpose! :)

TRI TO BE FUNNY  – (January 5, 2009 at 1:02 PM)  

What an awesome goal!! You will do it...wearing tighty whities!

teacherwoman  – (January 5, 2009 at 7:36 PM)  

You are going to become quite the speed demon! :)

IronMin  – (January 5, 2009 at 7:55 PM)  

YAY! You're back! Happy New Year! I love your plan for '09 - I think doing a race every month is a great idea. I've been without a plan so far, and if you don't mind...I may just adopt that goal into mine as well. :) I'll give you full credit for coming up with the idea, of course.

2009 is going to be a fun year!

Steve Stenzel  – (January 5, 2009 at 9:00 PM)  

NYC sounds sweet!

Have a great 09!!

Collin Kromke  – (January 5, 2009 at 10:57 PM)  

Workout with a purpose! Yeah! I'm IN!

LG  – (January 6, 2009 at 7:53 AM)  

way to see you back at it!! 1:45:00 that is a great goal & the NYC Marathon - you should do that - it's quite the experience from what i hear.

Rainmaker  – (January 7, 2009 at 1:12 PM)  

I can think of multiple strategies to keep Pharmie at bay. I'd start with a rope though. At the very least if you tie it to her, and then to you during the race - she can't be far ahead!

Rural Girl  – (January 8, 2009 at 1:00 PM)  

OMG, a throw-down with Pharmie!? I love it! and a 15 min PR to boot?! I double love it! Good luck on beating her. A woman challenged is a scary thing!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP