Going Aggressive

I went to the LBS today and had the super sweet sales man (same guy who hooked me up with my bike in the first place) there help me get in a more aggressive position. Don't get me wrong people, this isn't a real $100 -$200+ dollar fit with computers and stuff. But he does measure you up, test your flexibility and study you while you pedal.

This first pic of my position all last year. You will notice the stem angle is way up and the handle bars are above my seat.


This next picture is of the new aggressive set up. I mean WAY aggressive in comparison to my previous set up. We basically dropped the stem 24 degrees.
If you looked at the picture close enough, or read my last post, you will notice the addition of aero bars to the bike. Yep, those little doggies are on my bike, fit up (we moved the pads out and angled them slightly), wrapped w/S-Works bar tape and have a key piece of equipment mounted to them.

Now the bar tape isn't the straightest and isn't even, but for my first time wrapping any kind of bars I think I did a decent job.

I'm ready to begin the 2009 biking season with a purpose...break land speed records....NOT!

nwgdc  – (January 30, 2009 at 7:15 PM)  

That's pretty exciting! I'm still looking for a bike...but addicted to the running at the moment.
I think I'm most apprehensive about getting a bike because I'm very cheap and don't want to feel obligated to upgrade all the parts and add aero bars. Instead, I'll live vicariously through you. Bring on the Wind Tunnel!

Lisa Slow-n-Steady  – (January 30, 2009 at 7:33 PM)  

Cool. I hope it works out well for you. :-)

Nikemom  – (January 30, 2009 at 9:35 PM)  

like the new setup! I may have to go do that. :D

Meg  – (January 31, 2009 at 7:19 AM)  

You're sounding like a real triathlete! You're going to have to change your blog name. :)

teacherwoman  – (January 31, 2009 at 7:50 AM)  

Where would you like me to send your interview questions? Post them here? Or do you want me to send them to a specific email address?!

Danielle in Iowa  – (January 31, 2009 at 11:54 AM)  

Huh, I never even thought to wrap my aerobars...

Formulaic  – (January 31, 2009 at 12:33 PM)  

I like the new set-up!

I'm with Danielle, I never even thought about wrapping the aero bars.

DUDE! How did you mount the Garmin?!! I have mine warpped around the bars but its not mounted its just wrapped.

Jealous

J~Mom  – (February 2, 2009 at 8:48 PM)  

Nice!! I need to make that change but I am skeered!!

Nat  – (February 2, 2009 at 9:24 PM)  

oooh i should tape my aerobars! You'll be hooked on tris before you know it!

trimybest  – (February 6, 2009 at 2:19 PM)  

good job! i would offer one peice of advice on your bar tape. it may work better for you if you start at the end of the bar and wrap towards the bike. your tape will last longer that way because it wont lift up at the edges from your weight pushing forward on it.

Anonymous –   – (February 13, 2010 at 5:58 AM)  

6 out of 10 People in the US, Canada and Europe are Over weight, so losign weight has become the most important goal for many around the globe. If someone is a lazy slob who wants a 'magic pill' to give him a fabulous bpdy, that will always remain as a dream.
One should be willing and determined to in efforts over a period of time and only then they can get lasting results. I find a few programs quite interesting and effective, you can also check some programs here and rate them based on your experience. Find the programs here [url=http://www.weightlosskarma.com]WeightLossKarma.Com, lose weight easily[/url]
- by Melinda

Anonymous –   – (December 3, 2012 at 9:57 PM)  

I am just commenting to leave you give consideration of what a notable
experience our girl experienced using your blog. She noticed a significant amount of
Feel free to visit my web blog :: http://www.catral.biz

Anonymous –   – (December 6, 2012 at 11:11 AM)  

I actually wanted to jot down a simple message to

express gratitude to you for all the pleasant techniques you are posting at this website.

My particularly long internet lookup has finally been honored with good quality
know-how to share with my friends and family. I 'd say that many of us readers actually are very endowed to be in a notable

website with many brilliant individuals with insightful tips. I feel

very lucky to

have used your site and look forward to tons of more fun

times reading here. Thanks once again for a lot of things.
my web page > scousewivesgossip.co.uk

Anonymous –   – (December 6, 2012 at 11:49 AM)  

Very efficiently written story. It will be valuable to everyone who
usess it, as well as yours truly :).

Keep doing what you are doing - for

sure i will check out more posts.
Also visit my blog : shingle

Anonymous –   – (December 17, 2012 at 1:09 PM)  

We are a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community.
Your website

offered us with valuable information to work on. You have
done a formidable job

and our whole community will be grateful to you.
My page > www.elcheproperty.net

Anonymous –   – (December 18, 2012 at 8:13 PM)  

Definitely believe that which you stated. Your favorite
justification appeared

to be on the web the simplest thing to be aware of.
I say to you, I definitely get annoyed while people think about worries that they just don't know

about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks
Feel free to surf my web site - www.villasspainproperty.com

Anonymous –   – (December 18, 2012 at 11:48 PM)  

Good day! I simply would like to give an

enormous thumbs up for the nice data you've gotten here on this post. I will likely be coming again to your weblog for extra soon.
Visit my site ; rental classifieds Sagunt

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP