Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

I hope everyone is having a great holiday season so far! We are just a few days away from Christmas and I'm excited! I was on the phone with my sister a little while ago and I asked what Anika (my niece) wanted for Christmas. My sister said, "Anika, uncle Jon wants to know what you want for Christmas." Anika's reply was, "A bike mommy." Just imagine that coming from the cutest little 3 year old ever! I'd put up a pic but I don't have a recent pic. My sister hasn't figured out how to click on that paperclip icon and attach photos to an email. Anyway, guess what uncle Jon is getting Anika for Christmas.....yep...a bike (well trike).

If you live in or around MN you know that Saturday was pretty snowy. It snowed pretty much the entire day. We had something like 6 or 8 inches of snow. Besides shoveling for the rents and shoveling our huge azz driveway I spent the rest of the day indoors. I made some chili, what a wonderful meal after a few hours of shoveling. Then I proceeded to bake the cookies I mixed up earlier.

Steph, the gf, showed up as the last few cookies were coming out of the oven. We (well she) whipped up some burnt butter glaze and we started the decorating process. Glaze and sprinkles were flying every where. Not really though, we kept everything confined to the counter. If you blow up that image you can still see the dog (black and white) searching for something to clean up on the other side of the counter. I must say, Steph has a much better touch with the frosting. She has all the cute cookies...


Ok...on to the good stuff. I'm in a workout slump! It has been pretty much negative wind chills around here for a while and I'm finding it hard to stay on the trainer past 30 min lately. With that being said I've decided that Starting Jan 2. (being realistic that I'll be out of commission Jan. 1) things are getting intense. I'm going to make up a running/biking schedule that I'm going to stick to and follow the P90X program for some added variety. I'm going to do my best to stick to the workout program and the diet calorie, protein, carb, fat plan but I don't think I'll be following the included menu. It is a pretty expensive menu. I've read a few other bloggers that have done/are doing P90X and they have all said to do your running before the dvd's. I'm guessing that will be my plan also. The trick is going to be moving the short, tempo and long runs around the leg burning P90X days.


My biggest problem is going to be doing this program partially at the gym and at home. I don't have a place at home to do pull ups so I'll probably go to the gym for the pull up/push up days and stay home for the cario/kick boxing days. Being at the gym I will also have the option to tons of more machines and dumb bells. The one machine I'm going to love the most is the pull up machine. It basically looks like a pull up/dip station except for the bar that flips out for you to stand on. You can vary the weight, which counters your weight, to get the workout you are looking for. On one of the dvd's they talk about bands or standing on a chair but I think this will work best for me. I do really well with structure and knowing how much 'help' I'm getting, writing that down and trying to use less help with the hopes I could get back to being able to pulling my body weight up unaided more than once.

I'm sure I'll post more specific goals for this program in the coming weeks, probably not until after Christmas.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe holiday week!

Lisa Slow-n-Steady  – (December 22, 2008 at 3:54 AM)  

Happy Holidays! Don't eat too many of those cute cuties.

Best wishes for success with your exercise program starting on the Jan2.

And here's to warmer days ahead. Sounds like nasty weather.

Formulaic  – (December 22, 2008 at 11:39 AM)  

I hear you on the trainer. I haven't touched the trainer in a while.

I hear great things on the P90X. Keep posting on it.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg  – (December 22, 2008 at 12:20 PM)  

Everyone gets to roll the counter back to 00:00:00 on Jan 1.

It's life's annual do-over! The cosmic mulligan!

So just enjoy yourself till then.

X-Country2  – (December 22, 2008 at 3:06 PM)  

Those are some great looking cookies. Nice work!

teacherwoman  – (December 22, 2008 at 8:31 PM)  

The cookies look wonderful! :)

Good luck scheduling your P90X around your runs and such. I hear it can be pretty intense.

Happy Holidays, Borsch!

nwgdc  – (December 23, 2008 at 9:20 AM)  

I have heard amazing things about the p90x and really want to try it...I'm looking forward to hearing about it from you--and whether you can balance the running with it!

Run For Life  – (December 25, 2008 at 3:06 PM)  

Those cookies look scrumptious - Merry Christmas to you and Steph!

I really enjoy P90X because you can mix it up a lot and it is challenging so it keeps it interesting. If you're looking to build more muscle it is better to run after. To help increase your endurance and tone up running before will work in your favour. I suggest just reading over the booklet and deciding which plan to follow. It's definitely worth the money!

J~Mom  – (December 27, 2008 at 12:09 AM)  

I can't wait to hear how the p90x goes! Hope you had a wonderful holiday!

Marcy  – (January 3, 2009 at 8:45 PM)  

Hope you had a great New Year!!

Man, seems like everyone is rolling the p90x route. That thing looks SCARY to me. Good luck with it ;-)

Anonymous –   – (February 28, 2013 at 5:03 AM)  

[url=http://www.thomassaboss.co.uk]authentic thomas sabo[/url] Paddling across lakes for seven to eight hours everyday was tiring. [url=http://www.thomassaboss.co.uk]thomas sabo classic[/url]
[url=http://www.xmpllc.com]vintage wedding dress[/url] xqvigjnh Spread over 2.43 acres of sprawling land area, these green homes completes this architectural marvel, giving the entire precinct a larger-than-life feel. pvcrarmd [url=http://www.mulberrylondonshop.co.uk]mulberry handbags outle[/url]

Anonymous –   – (March 3, 2013 at 11:42 PM)  

[url=http://www.dressaleuk.co.uk]prom dress under 100[/url] Considered a class three scramble through many parts of the trail, the ascent can be arduous, but the rewarding view is nothing short of astounding. [url=http://www.mitwhite.com]vintage bridesmaid dresses[/url]
[url=http://www.christianlouboutinosale.co.uk]christian louboutin outlet uk[/url] ocgmfxzt I've seen it (hated it) but I act like I've never heard of it. rqjqfpkj [url=http://www.mulberrylondonshop.co.uk]mulberry bags sale uk[/url]

Anonymous –   – (March 7, 2013 at 4:57 AM)  

[url=http://www.dressaleuk.co.uk]dress sale uk[/url] kept hundreds of thousands of troops in Germany for decades after World War II, and it still has tens of thousands in South Korea and Japan. [url=http://www.zoeroad.com]vintage prom dresses uk[/url]
[url=http://www.xmpllc.com]plus size homecoming dresses[/url] eqpvqjhi The length of time is usually stipulated in the LOI but it is typically 2 to 3 weeks long. sfwwthih [url=http://www.mulberrylondonshop.co.uk]discount mulberry outlet[/url]

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP