When does one get a break?!?

So...I'm in another one of those 'work consumes all' weeks. It is really starting to drain on my motivation. It is 1:15 in the am and I just got off the trainer. I got in 30 min and we are checking it off as another successful day. It technically didn't fall in Wed, but since I haven't slept yet it is still Wed to me.

I just want to throw a quick shout out for the Saturdays of Speed Steve and I are throwing together. We are hoping to do a couple each month, doing anything from short intervals, mile repeats, yasso 800's, to the "The Sinclair Special" (which is on the schedule for me this Saturday). If you haven't heard of it I'll throw a description below. I believe Steve has gathered a few other peeps to come out...a couple plan on doing speed work with us, others a 5k on the track, and I think one or two are just going do their own thing. I think this is great! There isn't a coach giving orders with a stop watch, everyone is still in charge of their own training and we can all just be there for support and encouragement. If we build some friendships along the way that is just he icing on the the cake. So, anyone who lives or is going to be in the St. Paul, MN area feel free to shoot me an email or stop by Steve's blog for directions.

The Sinclair Special (Source: RW)

You only want to do one interval day a week? Not a problem. Here's a workout that will boost both stamina and speed in a single, thoroughly delightful session. Basically, this is a 600/200 (best starting point) or 800/300 (something to work up to) combo plate. "It's one of my favorite workouts," says Sinclair. "It has length and sustained effort, but also a strong speed/anaerobic flavor. You run 600 or 800 meters at 10-K pace, float 100 meters, then go as hard as you can for 200 or 300 meters. Jog an easy 400 meters before you start the next set." What's "float"? Something close to your normal long-run pace, that is faster than a jog. Think of it as partial recovery on the run. Most interval workouts give you full recovery. This isn't one of them.

Lisa Slow-n-Steady  – (November 13, 2008 at 6:33 AM)  

Yikes! I think the Sinclair Special would kill me.

But it's actually really good that you're organizing a speed day with others. Nobody likes to do speed work alone. Having others along for support sounds like a great plan!

Marcy  – (November 13, 2008 at 8:13 AM)  

Actually the Sinclair Special doesn't seem too bad to me?! I don't know, I'd probably have to do it and then get back to you (Yeah I'll probably DIE out there LOL)

Danielle in Iowa  – (November 13, 2008 at 9:18 AM)  

"Thoroughly delightful"??? Someone is on crack!

Chad in the Arizona Desert  – (November 13, 2008 at 9:18 AM)  

That does sound like an interesting interval workout. I may have to give it a try.

Ms. R  – (November 13, 2008 at 9:53 AM)  

"thoroughly delightful," the jury's still out on that one! ha! I can't make it this weekend, but St. Thomas is warm-up jog/walking distance from my house so let me know when you'll be out there again!

Danica  – (November 13, 2008 at 11:29 AM)  

I would be dead if I did that, you and steve are CRAZY!! But keep up the good work!

LG  – (November 13, 2008 at 11:36 AM)  

now see, i don't think you are crazy for doing the sinclair special...I think you are crazy because YOU WERE RIDING YOUR TRAINER at 12:45 AM....that is KRAZY...harcore & crazy...yet somehow it works for me ;)

Brooke  – (November 13, 2008 at 8:20 PM)  

I'm seriously going to do that workout!! Next week it's on! You have to give an update on how it goes so I can know what to expect! :)

Also, this may sound totally crazy but I just got put in charge with putting on a big 3 day conference in MINNEAPOLIS!! So yeah, I live in TX and have never been to MN...so I may call on you for some advice. Haha! And for some places to run while I'm up there during the planning stages. :)

Enjoy your weekend.

teacherwoman  – (November 13, 2008 at 9:11 PM)  

Have fun with your group runs this Saturday. I told Steve that I am going to be in the cities this weekend, but will be doing a 5K in Chaska with my sister. .... otherwise I so would be stalking you guys this weekend, taking pics and posting them all over the internet!

Steve Stenzel  – (November 14, 2008 at 6:12 AM)  

Let's get ready to puke...

Seriously, I'm looking forward to it!!

Rural Girl  – (November 15, 2008 at 8:44 AM)  

Workouts at 0115?....You are C-RAZY!
BTW, happy training with the new Garmin. Woo Hoo!

Colleen  – (November 16, 2008 at 10:37 PM)  

Well... did it suck??? I want to hear how the intervals went!!!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP