How do you start your Monday?

I start by hitting the snooze button a time or two, finally jump out of bed, eat some cereal (Usually Smart Start) while watching Good Morning America. After that I shower, get ready and I'm out the door. The whole process takes 30-40 min. :-)

My day really doesn't start until I arrive at work. I unload the laptop and get it fired up. While it is turning on a walk down to the cafeteria where we proudly serve 4 varieties of Starbucks coffee. I go straight for the "Extra Bold" coffee of the day. I take it black (write that down, you never know when you will have to get me coffee). I have a little OCD when it comes to my coffee cup...the 'java jacket' seam needs to line up with the coffee cup seam and the lid opening must be on the opposite side of the seam. I know, stupid, oh well.

I then bring the coffee back to my desk where I proceed to open on all the programs I'm going to need for the first few min of the day: Lotus Notes, SPSS, IE, FireFox, etc. While those are loading I take the lid off my coffee so it can cool, it is always WAY too hot for me to drink. I'm a wuss when it comes to hot (temp.) foods and drinks. After a few min of cooling, I'm ready to begin my Monday.


As for recent workouts...

The Challenge Stays Strong!


I did a hard core spin class Friday.

Saturday was 7 miles at 9:00 min miles. I went out early (did 4 miles) and finished at the track with some peeps who showed up for the Saturday Speed workouts.

Here is a pic from the start, did I mention we got a dusting of snow that night. It made for a couple sketchy intersections (where people spin their tires to get going...DON'T DO THAT), but for the most part didn't affect my running at all.


Here is Jeremy joining me for my last few laps. We had some great chats about IMMoo and his plans to do an IM every year until he can't walk. Go Jeremy!


Sunday was just a stretching day. My legs were spent, I was sore from a weeks of speed workouts in spin classes and Sat. being my longest run since TwinCities Marathon.

Today I haven't decided if I'm going to go for a run or hit the trainer.

I hope everyone has a great week and Thanksgiving!

Chic Runner  – (November 24, 2008 at 2:46 PM)  

Peering into a Morning of Borsch is quite interesting... You are anal about your coffee... SERIOUSLY!? ha ha love it.

Good Morning America? It's all about the Today show!

Chad in the Arizona Desert  – (November 24, 2008 at 3:00 PM)  

I'm not a coffee drinker. I vary my breakfast each day as much as I can, but I almost always have a glass of OJ with it. I fill a huge container of ice water at the beginning of the day and fill it at least once or twice during the day.

Looks like you had some fun in the snow.

Nikemom  – (November 24, 2008 at 3:24 PM)  

Coffee is a must to a successful day in MY world. LOL

Have a great Thanksgiving!

:D

http://gokristen.wordpress.com  – (November 24, 2008 at 3:56 PM)  

The seam lineup and the opening on the opposite is not that weird.

Seam lineup=just one seam, instead of two

Opening on opposite side = prevents spills

Quite logical actually.

J~Mom  – (November 24, 2008 at 6:48 PM)  

I start my Monday with a triple grande nonfat latte. Try it sometime. $4.11 in Arizona. :>)

Lisa Slow-n-Steady  – (November 24, 2008 at 9:10 PM)  

You folks are INSANE for running in that snowy stuff.

My Monday...starts like most every day...begins by being awakened by an annoying cat that fears starvation should she not jump on my head and wake me up.

Steve Stenzel  – (November 25, 2008 at 8:52 AM)  

I think I've seen you do that thing with your coffee... freak.

Man, those snowy intervals were great!

Ms. R  – (November 25, 2008 at 9:28 AM)  

I do the EXACT same thing with my coffee cup too, with the exception of letting it cool down. I have no patience.

The Team is fun times! We have an info meeting in St. Paul on Jan 14th at the Linwood Rec Center. I don't know what time though..DOH!

Me and 2 other guys are captaining the training because the coaches need help! 2 coaches, 16 mentors, 3 training captains for 140 triathletes doing 2 different races and 3 different distances = FUN TIMES!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg  – (November 25, 2008 at 12:18 PM)  

I used to think I put milk/creamer in my coffee for the taste. So one day, when all there was around was powdered stuff, I, having no other option, put that in. First sip: SCORCHED THROAT CITY!! (Nearest Suburb: Blistered Tongue Meadows)

So now I realize I put the milk in to cool things down a bit. It actually affects the taste very little.

LG  – (November 25, 2008 at 12:19 PM)  

this post explains so much! it's all coming together for me ;)

in a strange way i can relate to the coffee cup thing - i don't drink coffee (never had a cup if the truth be told) I'm strictly a cocoa gal, and for me, i can only have my cocoa in a ceramic matte finished mug - not the shiny ceramic that has been glazed, matte finish and it needs to be conical in shape - so wider top and smaller at the base - there are very few mugs like that, can be challenging traveling at times.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Meg  – (December 2, 2008 at 12:26 PM)  

Seam opposite of the opening? Totally necessary. I can't tell you how many times I've had coffee leak out of that seam and drip onto me when I was taking a sip.

M  – (December 2, 2008 at 11:43 PM)  

Oh my gosh - I do the EXACT.SAME.COFFEE routine. Right down to the seam thing - cause it always drips if the sip opening is at the seam, right?

My challenge held up pretty good for a while, but I have to admit that I took a day off after a long workout about two weeks ago - thus "officially" ending my own challenge.

But I have to say this - there were many a day when, even though I knew my challenge was done, I still got up and worked out because I considered myself still part of the action. And man, did that help for those "lazy"days. Thanks to your challenge, I probably worked out at least twice as much as I would have otherwise.

Thanks!! Can't wait for the next one.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP