My Friend, My Partner, My Therapist

We met in the spring of 2008. It was lust at first sight.

No matter how hard I tried I couldn’t get you off my mind all night.

I took another home, which in my heart just wasn’t right.


Through a bit of luck we were brought together.

Time and time again we prayed for good weather.

Wanting nothing but to spend some quality time together.


Hour after hour, mile after mile;

We rolled down the road in style.

It was wonderful, I couldn’t help but smile.


Time and time again I trusted you.

I trusted you to get me through.

Wasn’t it exciting getting through our 100 mile debut?


Leading up to that we shared loads about each other.

Mile after mile, a dialogue understood by only a cycling sister or brother.

We grew to understand how to help each other get through further and further.


If it wasn’t for you I would have been a mess.

You allowed me to continually confess,

This past summer we’ve shared just about every emotion one could express.


Pain and sorrow, happiness and bliss.

Mile after mile we worked out stress that persists.


Cooler weather is settling in and soon we will be apart again.

It saddens me to think won’t be able to share the slow lane.


Hour after hour, mile after mile…I will remember and look forward to the warmer weather to come. The time when we can be together sharing the open road. But until then I will turn to you for support and therapy even if it has to be indoors racked up on your new trainer.

Thanks for a great summer My Friend, My Partner, My Therapist!




Danielle in Iowa  – (October 15, 2008 at 11:49 AM)  

Aw, you have a pretty blue smurf bike like me! Maybe they could get together and have baby blue Trek-Specialized hybrid smurf bikes!

Colleen  – (October 15, 2008 at 3:36 PM)  

Awesome... isn't it amazing what a bike can do for you???

Marcy  – (October 15, 2008 at 5:54 PM)  

*sniff* *sniff* Nice little ode!

IronMin  – (October 15, 2008 at 6:58 PM)  

I hope your bike doesn't tell mine that it gets poems written about it. I will be in soooo much trouble. Loved the prose. :)

Rural Girl  – (October 15, 2008 at 7:14 PM)  

Holy cats! I'm feeling a lot of overattachment to the bike. It doesn't have a sex, does it?! That's crossing the line! :)

I rode outside today. COLD! Time to break out the booties and mittens and biking pants and hat. Yuck!!!

LG  – (October 15, 2008 at 8:21 PM)  

hearts. smiles. unicorns! i love this post -- that is exactly how I feel about my Dale!

but wait, have you ever shared your bike's name...or is it a secret?

check out my new blog....I've evolved...update your feed....

http://mylifeinspandex.blogspot.com

Steve Stenzel  – (October 16, 2008 at 10:47 AM)  

Secret lovers? Nice.

And let me know about the MTB ride you've got planned! I've been hearing great things about those trails for the last few years, but I haven't ridden them yet!

Rainmaker  – (October 16, 2008 at 6:55 PM)  

Nicely written...but it looks like we gotta get some bars on that bike ;)

Lisa Slow-n-Steady  – (October 17, 2008 at 11:25 AM)  

Nice poem. It's sad to see the cycling season come to an end.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP