Taper Time

I have to say, I'm not that excited about having to 'taper'. I really was just getting into this running thing again after the 3 weeks off. But since the marathon in 10 days away I'll be a good boy and play nice with the training plan. That isn't going to stop me from pushing out some good bikes though!

I sent this note to my Wed night club yesterday because they are riding indoors now...stupid sun goes to bed WAY to early!

Hey All,

Tomorrow is supposed to be a pretty nice afternoon....partly sunny and high 60's. I'm planning on protesting the 'formal' Wednesday night indoor ride (sorry Patty) and rocking our old route outside. I'm doing the Osceloa Duathlon this weekend as a team (I'm doing the bike) and I need a good HARD bike outside; the last few weeks have been focused on 18 and 20 mile runs. I'd like to pick up the intensity and just destroy any average the B group has had on this route...I've never been over 18.4 on this loop. So I'm proposing...no stops, attack hills and 20+mph. Who's with me? Should plan to leave Lifetime at 5:30'ish?

Jairo, no worries, both runs went great...they hurt because I've never done that distance but an ice bath and some stretching and I was doing a spin class (after the 18) and dancing at a wedding all night (after the 20) the next day. I'm totally ready for this marathon.

If I missed anyone on the invite please forward this one.

Jon


Should it surprise me that only 1 person wants to ride outside today? I was hoping for at least 3-5. Our wed night ride all summer was around 22 miles and we had 3-4 spots where we stopped and let people catch their breath or catch up. Do you think proposing a 2mph increase and no stops is scaring people away? I hope not. I really need a hard ride to prepare mentally for the duathlon with STEVE on Sunday. We are going to rock the team competition (hoping for GOLD baby)!

We are also going to rock the team competition in STYLE. We will be wearing tighty whities and wife beaters. (that might be a cold bike...better pedal harder).

If you missed the 20 miler recap scroll down... :-)


The urban dictionary

1. tighty whities

A synonym for briefs . They are underwear worn for there support purposes, antonym of boxers. The pros of tighty whities are support in gym class and hiding an erection. The disadvantages are that if you are pantsed then your penis will appear smaller, and that they might strangle your penis.

Because of incidents in which prison inmates trousers started to fall down, many teenagers believe baggy pants are cool. Because of that, it became the cool thing to wear boxers instead of old fashioned tighty whities.

Advice if you're going to High School and male. In order to make your life alot easier, wear boxer shorts.

Marcy  – (September 24, 2008 at 9:04 AM)  

ROFLMAO! HAHAHAHHA Tighty whities AND beaters. Very classy, very classy! I know you will have pics of this, right? Well I'm sure Steve will HAHAHA

Danielle in Iowa  – (September 24, 2008 at 10:25 AM)  

Good luck this weekend! And pics are a must!

I will also note though that the coach I had for a running program I was in said very pointedly "tapering is not the time to start cranking out hard workouts of other types to replace the running." Of course, you know yourself better than generic advice does!

Borsch  – (September 24, 2008 at 11:02 AM)  

Marcy...pics will be prevalent

Danielle...you just try to have to spoil my fun. :-( Can I just go with a 1 week taper then? :P Besides those two bikes I'll play nice.

Meg  – (September 24, 2008 at 2:00 PM)  

Are you at least wearing pants or shorts under the tighty whities? I hope it doesn't rain!

teacherwoman  – (September 24, 2008 at 8:32 PM)  

You guys are SOOO going to rock that race this weekend... I can hardly wait!

Steve Stenzel  – (September 25, 2008 at 8:21 AM)  

I don't want anyone to strangle my penis (except for me). I dunno about the Tighty Whities anymore.

Just kidding. I'm TOTALLY in! Bring some Under Armor! It's going to be chilly!!

Lily on the Road  – (September 25, 2008 at 11:45 AM)  

You'll have a blast, especially with Steve!!!

LG  – (September 25, 2008 at 12:43 PM)  

you are going to completely psych out the competition with those outfits! can't wait for the pics!

TRI TO BE FUNNY  – (September 26, 2008 at 9:19 AM)  

Hotties in the tighty whities!!!!!!! Don't go injuring "your boy parts" before the Marathon!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP