Hmmm...how did that happen.

Weekly weigh-in...
Beg...245
Week 1...244
Week 2...242
Week 3...240
Week 4...240
Week 5…???
Week 6…???
Week 7…234
Week 8...???
Week 9...232
Week 10...232
Week 11...233

I'm not sure how I managed to gain weight...oh yes I am. I haven't been able to run the past two weeks because of the stress fractures in my foot. I also haven't changed much of my eating habits with my decreased activity level. Today is a new day though! I'm starting a food journal and the Through The Wall Challenge started yesterday, I have to be good! Lets get those numbers falling again!

This weekend I have the Jesse James 100. I can't wait! I have never went longer than 73 miles and I've only been above 50 three or four times. I hope I'm ready, I'm pretty sure I'm ready! This past Saturday I went out for a hard solo 50 miler. The first 20 was straight into a 15-20 mph wind and getting smacked from the side. I managed to average 17.6 during that stretch. The next 20 I was still going across the wind, then had it at my back, that brought my average up to 18.9 ( I must have been flying that second 20) The last 10 was straight back into the wind which brought my average back do to 18.2 on the day. All in all I thought it was a good ride, I can't wait to knock the century bike ride off my list this week!

My 2008 goals...

  • Lose weight (20 pounds) - 8 pounds to go
  • Run a sub 25 min 5K CHECK
  • Run a sub 24 min 5K (added this after 25 min was achieved in first 5k of the year)
  • Run a sub 2 hour half marathon CHECK
  • Finish a Century Ride - 4 days away
  • Run a marathon - Gonna toe the starting line in 32 days

Marcy  – (September 2, 2008 at 2:18 PM)  

Oooo like the new look! One pound isn't bad :-) You'll be back to business in no time!

Meg  – (September 2, 2008 at 2:35 PM)  

You're doing really well on your goals! Marcy's right, one pound is nothing, you're fine! Good luck this weekend!

teacherwoman  – (September 2, 2008 at 8:40 PM)  

Like the new look! :) Don't worry too much about ONE pound! You'll lose that and then some on your 100 mile ride! :)

Borsch  – (September 2, 2008 at 9:06 PM)  

Hey all...Thanks for the kind comments!

I just want you to know I'm not really worried about the 1 pound, more the 3 week stall.

Colleen  – (September 2, 2008 at 10:18 PM)  

You only gained a pound... don't sweat it!

Good luck with the 100 this weekend - just change positions every so often and you'll be good to go!

Stef  – (September 3, 2008 at 1:53 AM)  

Wow looks like you've redecorated over here. Nice! I look forward to reading about your century and hope you have tons of fun.

Great to see the list of goals with so many checked off!

Steve Stenzel  – (September 3, 2008 at 10:47 AM)  

Nice ride!

And let's get that sub 24 at Tesfa. Whatta ya say?!

Kelly  – (September 3, 2008 at 10:57 AM)  

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog :-). Good luck on the century!

I did water running when I hurt my hipflexor. It was a little boring but at least I felt like I was doing something. Have you tried it yet?

TRI TO BE FUNNY  – (September 3, 2008 at 12:00 PM)  

It is so inspiring to watch you check off those goals one at a time...When does Ironman get on the list??

Lauren  – (September 3, 2008 at 12:14 PM)  

I'm not really sure the 1lb counts. maybe you just need a haircut.

hurrah JJT SATURDAY!

LG  – (September 3, 2008 at 4:22 PM)  

1 pound, while technically it is a weight gain, it's 1 pound - most likely water (oh wait, you're not a girl i can't use that excuse with you)
look at you checking off your '08 goals one by one -- very cool! can not wait to hear about saturday's ride -- excited for you! your first century - 'tis a big deal! have fun!

J~Mom  – (September 4, 2008 at 11:35 AM)  

It's weird how certain workouts can cause my weight to fluctuate. I don't usually lose on a ride the way I do on a run because I take it so much fluid...I dunno...maybe I make this stuff up. ;>)

Formulaic  – (September 4, 2008 at 7:19 PM)  

I like the new look!

I wouldn't worry about 1 pound, more water weight than anything else.


Sorry to hear about your foot. You can try water running for now. It works!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP