I'm all about the quick updates lately.

I'm still feeling the ripple effects of getting tossed a last min project a week and a half ago. I turned that project out in a week (should have been slotted for 3 weeks) and now I'm playing catch up. I'm trying to get in my workouts, but it is mentally tough. Work, work out, eat, work more then sleep 5-6 hours. This sucks!

My running isn't going well, I have stress fractures in my foot and probably shouldn't run. I really haven't run since my 18.5 miles a week and a half ago. That is driving me nuts! I walked around the MN State Fair on Monday and that made my foot hurt! I think I'm gonna try running in a pool sometime soon. Pharmie, I probably shouldn't run 20 miles with you on Monday. I'm still able to bike though! I got in the hardest 55 miles I've ever rode today. Little Miss Sunshine and I met up to try to get in 70 + miles, part of our preparation for the Jesse James 100. We went out, for a good 45 miles before meeting up with our Life Time group. We were thinking we'd meet up with them and do our usual route...WOW WERE WE WRONG! We met up with them and found out it was hill repeat day...GREAT! NOT!

Our fearless leader said we were doing 10 repeats, I thought she was kidding. She wasn't kidding. This hill is a part of our usual ride on Wednesdays....but we usually only go down it. A few good pedal strokes and go down to the drops and your up to 38-40 mph on this hill. Going up it I was pedaling in my granny gear at a comfortable 6-7 mph...it took about 2 min to get up. It wasn't a HUGE hill, but it burned!

I didn't do all 10, I did 2 or 3 and felt like crap. My legs were burning and I needed some food. I ate some shot blocks, got some water and our leader guilted me down the hill for another repeat, then she said, "Ok...just one more." We did that one..."Just one more." I think I ended up with 7 hill repeats total. Not 10, but enough considering the distance I had already covered.

Meg  – (August 28, 2008 at 12:25 PM)  

Wow, sounds like a hardcore workout! I hope your foot gets better soon. I bet you're not losing fitness since you're biking so much so as long as you heal up you should be fine!

Lauren  – (August 28, 2008 at 4:01 PM)  

Mentally I just kept telling myself to HTFU and ride, and it got me through :)

We should get a group together for an Afton ride again, soon...

Pharmie  – (August 28, 2008 at 7:25 PM)  

Gah! How am I going to run 20 miles BY MYSELF?!?! Seriously, though, feel better, and take care of those feet!

Lisa Slow-n-Steady  – (August 28, 2008 at 10:19 PM)  

I think you gotta be mentally prepared for hill repeats.. Can't be surprised by them and have it work out well.

LG  – (August 29, 2008 at 1:32 PM)  

first, i'm digging the new background! as you have told me...take care of your feet - i am in this weird place where my foot still hurts when i walk but not when i run...bizarre.
great job on those hill repeats. i find the best way to get through those are exactly what you did, saying let's just do 1 more, next thing you know, you've done them all. have a labor-less long weekend!

J~Mom  – (August 29, 2008 at 1:56 PM)  

Oh man, hills kill me without that kind of distance! Great job getting done what you did!!

TRI TO BE FUNNY  – (August 31, 2008 at 2:11 PM)  

Work has been kicking my butt lately too!! Been catching myself coming and going and just now getting caught up on blog reading. Take care of that foot!

IronMin  – (September 1, 2008 at 8:18 PM)  

You are totally hardcore. Way to hang in there!
I also wanted to thank you for your motivational comments on my blog too - I really appreciate your kind words and advice. They keep me pushing forward!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP