Thanks Batman!

What a difference a day makes!

Yesterday I posted about being in a running slump...today I had a great run! It was over 90 degrees and sunny. Not the most idea running conditions! For the last two weeks I had been afraid to use my new shoes and didn't have the chance to use my new fuel belt until today. I ran 5 miles in 48:12, negative split by a min and my knee felt GREAT. The Fuel Belt was amazing! I'm not really accustomed to the heat yet and it has really zapped me the last few times. I only drank about 6 oz of water while running but just getting my mouth wet a few times was GLORIOUS! Without the water I probably would have had another run where I mentally beat myself up. With knee pain I probably would have had another run where I mentally beat myself up. Today I had a run with water and no knee pain. That is what I needed to help me get my head in the right direction.

Below are a few photos of the group and I from the 70+ mile bike ride this last Sunday.





Colleen  – (July 15, 2008 at 10:40 PM)  

So glad that you had a good run today. Sometimes that's all you need to pick yourself up!

Thanks for sharing the pictures too... :)

Danielle in Iowa  – (July 16, 2008 at 8:26 AM)  

Yay for no knee pain! And apparently "title loan" thinks that's "awsome" too!

Meg  – (July 16, 2008 at 9:50 AM)  

Great run, it's cool to hear you so excited. Maybe you just needed a break?

Molly  – (July 16, 2008 at 11:52 AM)  

That is a really great run. I agree that maybe you needed a break...you jusr ran (haha) out of steam. Love the pics too!
Take Care

Nat  – (July 16, 2008 at 9:57 PM)  

Great job on the run! I can't believe you biked that much. Wow. I am hoping to be able to do that much. Biking is not my best sport.

Formulaic  – (July 17, 2008 at 2:42 PM)  

Cool pics.

Nice job on getting that run done!

Maybe you've found your secret. Good hydration and proper rest and recovery for your knee was all you needed.

Now keep that knee pain at bay and get back to some good training for that marathon!

Pharmie  – (July 17, 2008 at 5:36 PM)  

Hooray for no knee pain! Maybe I should have taken a fuel belt on my run last night. It was HOT!

triguyjt  – (July 17, 2008 at 7:10 PM)  

rock that run..

and yes....per the recent post. steve should wear that shirt in a race

Lisa - Slow & Steady  – (July 18, 2008 at 5:53 PM)  

I'm glad you had a good run without pain and with the benefit of hydrationw when you needed it. :)

Love the bike photos.

Lauren Rawlings  – (July 21, 2008 at 9:47 AM)  

so, when's the next big bike ride?

...I failed in getting ideas for a new good route :(

J~Mom  – (July 22, 2008 at 4:42 PM)  

I ride a Specialized also so I am partial to them! Great job on your ride!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP