Marathon Training...week 1 and weigh-in

Because I was off riding my bike around Grandmas marathon last week this week was my first week of training for Twin Cities Marathon. I should have a decent base, I ran a half marathon at the beginning of June but I don't really feel like I do. How fast do you lose your cardio endurance? I guess I didn't run much the week leading up to the half marathon due to my knee issues and i haven't run more than 12 miles in the last two week because I was trying to rest the knee and get some use out of my bike. Today I ran 10.5 miles which is about a third of my total mileage over the past month. I would estimate that I've only ran about 30 miles since the week leading up to the half, no wonder I don't feel like I have any endurance. My knee held up great, it is a little sore but nothing a couple IBU and some ice won't take care of. My legs feel great, they were barely fatigued at the end. But my endurance problems seemed to be with my breathing, it was very labored right from the start.

Steph and I weighed in and measured up for our weight loss challenge. I'll post the specifics later.

Weekly weigh-in:
Beg...245
Week 1...244
Week 2...242

Colleen  – (June 30, 2008 at 12:12 PM)  

You'll feel 100% in no time... just need to get the kinks out! What did you decide on as your prize?

teacherwoman  – (June 30, 2008 at 12:28 PM)  

I think resting your knee in the past two weeks was a wise idea! You should be able to jump right into marathon training! :)

Formulaic  – (June 30, 2008 at 1:19 PM)  

Way to go on the run. Looks like you still have what it takes to run.

Just build up slowly again before you worry about speed.

Jumper 2.0  – (July 1, 2008 at 5:18 PM)  

Good luck with the training. Listen to Formulaic!

Nat  – (July 1, 2008 at 5:51 PM)  

The endurance will come quicker than you think. Great job on the run and at GMA's! Biking in Duluth is not an easy task.

Molly  – (July 1, 2008 at 6:35 PM)  

Hope that I will be catching you in the weight lost next week!
Good run! I never mind "winded" runs...as long as nthing hurts I am happy...I am running 3 miles (not 10) though!
Take Care

J~Mom  – (July 1, 2008 at 7:26 PM)  

I have been told that when you take time off of running it goes faster rebuilding things the second time. I hope that is true as I have really let my running base go lately!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP