My Goals

My very first post listed some goals for 2008...I recently took a look back at them to see how I was doing. NOT SOO GOOD! I'm half way through the year and I'm farther away from my goals than in March.
My 2008 goals...

  • Lose weight
  • Run a sub 24 min 5K
  • Run a sub 2 hour half marathon
  • Run a marathon (not from original post)

Currently...
  • Weight: 245 (up 5 pounds)
  • 5k: 24:44 (44 seconds off my goal)
  • Half marathon: 2:09:51 (9:51 off the goal)
  • Marathon: TRAINING STARTS TODAY


I think I'm going to have to revise my goals and get back on track.

Revised Goals...
  • Weight: Lose 20 pounds. I'm going to weigh in weekly.
  • 5k: 24:00. I'm going to do speed work and plyometrics at least twice a week.
  • Half marathon: 2:05:00. I'm going to rely on the combination of speed work and long runs in the marathon training.
  • Marathon: To Finish.TRAINING STARTS TODAY

Marcy  – (June 17, 2008 at 7:02 AM)  

Lookin good, very good ;-) You'll meet those babies in no time :-)

J~Mom  – (June 18, 2008 at 12:57 PM)  

Those goals are meant to keep us on track! Monitor and adjust! They look good though!

Colleen  – (June 20, 2008 at 3:08 PM)  

I think it's good that you even went back to them. I can't even remember what my goals were at the beginning of the year! HA! I think your revised goals are definitely within reach! Best of luck!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP