Sad Day!

A quick update on Stacy. See my last post for the details if you haven't read it already. I took her into Erik's last night and Matt ( the tech supervisor ) helped me. He was super awesome! Got everything worked out and ordered parts. He said I'd be up and running this weekend for my Duathlon. Today I got a phone call from him saying that something happened while taking the crank apart to check it over. Now supposedly the bottom bracket is broke and the frame is stripped. He put in a few calls to the Specialized warranty department to see what he can do. No answers yet.

As it stands now...I'm looking at no bike for the weekend. Possibly having to get a new bike. I'm not sure how serious the frame stripping by the crank is. (anyone else know?)

Sad Day!

****UPDATE****
On Friday morning I got a call from the biek shop, my bike is DONE! It is being stripped and they have frame coming from Specialized. RIP Stacy!

Now I'm going to ride my 7/8 year old Schwinn Mesa (moutain bike). I'll post a pic later. It is at the bike shop getting a wheel fixed. I took it out of storage and noticed that some other ass threw their bike pretty much into mine and their derailleur cage and pedal were wrapped in my back tire.

Danielle in Iowa  – (April 25, 2008 at 9:29 AM)  

So did they break your bike or did you?! Total bummer. After you named her and everything!

Molly  – (April 25, 2008 at 9:41 AM)  

That sucks! Hope they can get it fixed!
Poor Stacy (I read the first sentance and forgot that was your bike's name and was afraid a friend/relative was sick...silly Molly!)
Take Care

Formulaic  – (April 25, 2008 at 11:00 AM)  

You're bottom bracket broke too! Ouch!

My crank fell off so many time that I don't know how I didn't get stripped.

My advice to you: Scrap it completely. Try getting an upgrade. They should be able to slap it on before the weekend.

I got a deal. Apparently, when some people upgraded from Ultegra to Dura Ace, the shop has the old Ultegra.

Ask your shop if they have any spare Ultegra cranks. It's a deal for them (they can't sell them as they are 'used' even if they are off of a new bike).

Hopefully, you'll find something for Stacy.

tracie  – (April 25, 2008 at 11:51 AM)  

poor poor stacy! :( i hope they get everything up and running soon. i would definitely look into spare parts and see what your LBS has. also, if you trust them (which it sounds like you do) they can give you honest opinions/suggestions on how to fix and will do their best to help you out!

good luck! :)

tracie  – (April 25, 2008 at 2:36 PM)  

OMG!

RIP Stacy and Grover!

sooo sad...

although i'm sure your MTB loves the TLC!

Formulaic  – (April 25, 2008 at 2:42 PM)  

A sad day indeed!

RIP Stacy.

Will they send out Stacy V2.0?

Pharmie  – (April 25, 2008 at 5:36 PM)  

I'm glad she's gone. Sounds like she is WAY too high maintainance!!!! You know what? We'll have fun this weekend NO MATTER WHAT!!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP