First real bike ride!

Friday was going to be a run day…it was our first day that was 60 degrees and sunny. I got home from work and there it was. My new bike, I’ve only had it out twice….why not another time. So I got ready and saddled up. A quick tire pressure check and I was off. At first it was great…sunny, warm and the open road (minus the cars). About mile 15 it started to get cloudy…mile 17 it was raining like crazy! WTF! No one said anything about rain today! I continued my ride of rolling hills (and aching legs) soaking wet. About 10 more miles and I was finally home and took a look at my bike….not so white anymore.



Later I took off my socks…

Wow, I was dirty!

Steve is planning on running a Krispy Kreme 5K in Iowa….should I go? Here is what happens, you run the 5K and along the run there is 8 or so ‘aid stations’ (i.e., doughnut stops, probably with water). At these ‘aid stations’ you eat as many or few doughnuts as you want. The incentive is the more doughnuts you eat the more time they subtract form you total time.

# doughnutsTime Subtracted
1:15 sec
2:30 sec
3:45 sec
4+1 min

*Doughnuts 10, 15, 20 and 25 all give you a 2 min bonus.


So….To Doughnut Run or not to Doughnut Run, that is the question.

OK, I’m off to google some bike maintenance/cleaning 101.

Steve Stenzel  – (April 7, 2008 at 2:44 PM)  

YEAH! Glad to hear you signed up!!! FOR BOTH!!!

Collin  – (April 8, 2008 at 11:11 AM)  

1) Biking in the rain is still better than working!

2) Something about combining fitness and Krispy Kreme Doughnuts just doesn't seem right. Of course, I'll be drinking free beer at the end of the Crazylege Classic here in Madison in a couple weeks. I'd be willing to make a wager that I'll drink more beers than you will eat doughnuts!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP