Doughnut Run '08

4:45 am *knock knock* Steve was at the door knocking, letting me know it was time to get up. I got up slowly, went down stairs and had a little cereal. Then packed up some run clothes and 'drive back' clothes and we were off.

5:00 am We were both in the car half asleep and half excited for the 'epic' journey ahead. What lay ahead was a 215 mile drive, lots of doughnuts and back.


About 7:40am Most of the way through the drive, we only had 20-30 miles left to go and we see a cop plow through the ditch and flip around behind us...whoops. While Steve was telling the cop about the doughnut run I snapped a pic of him in the cop car through the side mirror.


8:20 am We pulled in the parking lot and checked in...


*** We interrupt this blog post for a fire alarm because some stupid lady, on something, put some french fries in the oven ON CARDBOARD! and burnt the shit out of it!!!*** 45min later we finally got to come back inside. I'm cold!

Back to our regular broadcast...We pulled in the parking lot and checked in. Some other bloggers pulled in the parking lot, Danielle in Iowa and Laurie.


9:15 am We were off running! I started with running with Danielle but we were just in a huge group of people and I had to leave her to get around some people so I could run easily. I got to the first 'Doughnut Stop' and decided to skip it, there were way too many people there. On my way to stop 2 Steve flew right by me like I was standing still! Stop 2 I ate 2 doughnuts and Danielle was right there chowing down and off before I was. Did I mention that I eat really slow, I have to masticate my food well before swallowing. The next few stops went well, at the half way point I looked at my race number ( they put stickers on your number for how many doughnuts you ate ) and I was way behind the number of doughnuts I should be consuming. So I ate 6! Started jogging back up the path, stopped and ate 2 more doughnuts. Now I was up to 11 doughnuts and feeling a little 'jiggly'. The last few doughnuts went down really slow, it was almost painful to swallow that last bite of each doughnut.

??? am I finished the run with 15 doughnuts in my belly. I'll update later with my time, I'm not sure what I ran. Hopefully it will be up on the website soon.

11:30 am Steve and I were on our way back to the cities with a few stops on the way. 1...a gas station to change 2...Lunch with Steve's parents 3...The Nike Outlet store

4 pm HOME!

Check out Steve's and Danielle's blogs for their account of this epic adventure.

Steve Stenzel  – (April 14, 2008 at 7:08 AM)  

Still feeling a little "jiggly?" I had a good poop this morning, and I'm surprisingly OK.

Sorry to hear about the idiots in your building who can't cook...

Danielle in Iowa  – (April 14, 2008 at 7:33 AM)  

It was great to meet you!

They did post the results. You beat me with a doughnut adjusted time of 27 minutes or so. Especially since they wrote that I ate NO doughnuts! Um, excuse me, I am pretty sure I ate some doughnuts. Someone must have written a six that looked like a zero. I have to write the dude.

Collin  – (April 14, 2008 at 9:04 PM)  

Why am I not surprised that you two got pulled over by the cops?!?! Hopefully Steve's blog will fill us in on some of the details, because WE WANT DETAILS, BRO!

steph  – (April 15, 2008 at 8:46 AM)  

You forgot to mention the post doughnut poop stops! According to the results, you did great with the reduction of all those doughnuts-even if you are a dainty eater.

Jumper 2.0  – (April 18, 2008 at 10:19 AM)  

I'm glad the cop didn't look in Steve's trunk!

;-)

Formulaic  – (April 18, 2008 at 6:46 PM)  

15 donuts! Whoa!

Way to go. I'm impressed.

Now...about those results??!!

tracie  – (April 19, 2008 at 3:05 PM)  

great job! seriously, why am i NOT surprised that a speeding ticket was part of the drive down there.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP