Cross Training with Borsch

So...I bet you're wondering how you cross train with Borsch. Well, first you get a nice bike. Grab some workout gear and a helmet and get on your bike. Feel free to ride anywhere...just start riding. At about mile 6 turn around and head back. After 3 miles stop! Get off the bike! Taking your shoes and helmet off are optional, I did. Proceed to walk 3 miles back to where you started your ride.

Why would I cross train like this? Just imagine you are pedaling along and then the crank drops out. You quickly think, hmmm...that can't be good. That's when I proceeded to get off the bike and walk it home.

It is amazing what you notice on walks such as this one. I was passed by 8 cyclists, 3 cars with bike racks and the same cop TWICE. What happened to the "Serve" part of Protect and serve? The cop even looked right at me, I bet he never even thought about stopping to help a fellow citizen. My roommate who was about rollerblading at the time past me on the way back. He stopped and we traded stories...he had an old lady walk in his path after her husband just got out of his way after he yelled, "on your left". If you didn't already guess, he ate pavement to avoid the old lady. Eventually he came back for me but I was only 4 blocks and he drives a Mustang with no trunk space...it was going to be more effort to take both the wheels off to try to get the bike in there.

ONE SAD NOTE: I was wearing my Pear Izumi Super Grover Socks and walking 3 miles back home wore holes straight through them.

RIP Super Grover!

Colleen  – (April 23, 2008 at 7:38 AM)  

OMG! Isn't it amazing that people wouldn't even ASK if you need help?!? At least you got a nice walk out of it, although your socks wouldn't agree. Hope everything gets fixed and you're up and "running" again soon!

Marcy  – (April 23, 2008 at 8:20 AM)  

LMAO you actually have Super Grover socks?!? Cute!

Molly  – (April 23, 2008 at 9:20 AM)  

My sister had a Super Grover something when we were growing up......I will have to find her those socks!
As a non bike person all I can say is that I hope it all gets fixed up soon...whatever it is that happened!
Take Care

Steve Stenzel  – (April 23, 2008 at 10:11 PM)  

Damn. Damn. Damn. RIP Super Grover.

tracie  – (April 25, 2008 at 11:48 AM)  

poor grover! (where did you find those btw??)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP